Old 20-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Pedro

Default Cleaning plants

I am trying to make a solution to clean some new plants I have bought/will
buy.
Som einstructions on the web says to have 1 part bleach and 19 parts water.
What does this mean?

Old 20-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Andrzej Konarski

I am trying to make a solution to clean some new plants I have bought/will
buy.
Som einstructions on the web says to have 1 part bleach and 19 parts
water.
What does this mean?

Dont do it . Yuo can crash your new plant ?
what for do you want to clean plants ?

Old 20-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Andrzej Konarski

It seems to have brown/black algae
Need to clean them.

You dont need to clean them.
This kind of alge cannot infected your tank.
New leafs will be without this shit and then you will be cut old leafs.
Do not use this chemical medium ( i forget the true name of this white
chemic) because you kill new plant or weak them.

Old 21-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Elaine T

Pedro wrote:
It seems to have brown/black algae
Need to clean them.

"Andrzej Konarski" wrote in message

I am trying to make a solution to clean some new plants I have
bought/will buy.
Som einstructions on the web says to have 1 part bleach and 19 parts
water.
What does this mean?

Dont do it . Yuo can crash your new plant ?
what for do you want to clean plants ?

If it's hairy, black algae (often called black brush algae), C.
siamensis (Siamese Algae Eeaters) will eat it. It is virtually
impossible to remove from plants by hand. Cut off the worst looking
leaves, introduce the fish, and wait 4-6 weeks for most of the algae to
disappear. First, you'll see that new growth is algae free, and then
you'll see the older algae eaten to sort of a blackish residue - you may
want to remove those leaves once the plants have plenty of algae free
leaves.

http://www.thekrib.com/Fish/Algae-Eaters/

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Old 21-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Andrzej Konarski

If it's hairy, black algae (often called black brush algae), C.
siamensis (Siamese Algae Eeaters) will eat it. It is virtually impossible
to remove from plants by hand. Cut off the worst looking leaves,
introduce the fish, and wait 4-6 weeks for most of the algae to disappear.
First, you'll see that new growth is algae free, and then you'll see the
older algae eaten to sort of a blackish residue - you may want to remove
those leaves once the plants have plenty of algae free leaves.

http://www.thekrib.com/Fish/Algae-Eaters/

It`s a good dissolution too

Old 21-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Pedro

I have two siamese algae eaters but they are not doing a very good job on
these.
I have read an article that says that with a 2 minute bath in this solution
the algae on the leaves will drop.
Almost all the plant leaves have it.

"Elaine T" wrote in message
. ..

Old 21-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Andrzej Konarski

I have two siamese algae eaters but they are not doing a very good job on
these.
I have read an article that says that with a 2 minute bath in this
solution the algae on the leaves will drop.
Almost all the plant leaves have it.

I have read this too but i have read that the substance can crash the plant.

Old 22-08-2005, 05:06 AM
Daniel Morrow

Mid posted.

"Pedro" wrote in message
.. .
might be worth it to try on just one plant and see...
"Andrzej Konarski" wrote in message
I have two siamese algae eaters but they are not doing a very good job

on
these.
I have read an article that says that with a 2 minute bath in this
solution the algae on the leaves will drop.
Almost all the plant leaves have it.

I have read this too but i have read that the substance can crash the
plant.

What about pedro using a solution of permanganate of potash and aquarium
water? I have heard of it being used to disinfect plants before introducing
the wild plants to the home aquarium. Later!

* FREE * Classified Ads for Vacuums ,Carpet Cleaning equipment, and Carpet Cleaning Vans and Vehicles Classifieds Webmaster Lawns 1 19-08-2004 12:43 PM
Cleaning algae off plastic plants? Phil Williamson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 21-05-2004 03:10 PM
protecting plants from deck cleaning Heidi Gardening 4 15-08-2003 01:42 PM
Cleaning plants jon Ponds 4 24-05-2003 04:56 AM
cleaning fence without harming plants keb Gardening 3 13-04-2003 09:08 AM