Old 08-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Brian

Default Good LFS in NE Oklahoma??

While perusing some of the old posts from around the first of the year, I
noticed that a number of folks were posting from the Tulsa Oklahoma area.
I'm in SW Missouri. Any really good pet stores in the whole north east
oklahoma area especially where one might buy a tank and stand for a
reasonable price?

-Brian

Old 08-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Bob Alston

Hi Bryan.

Nice to see someone almost in my neighborhood. I live in Tulsa. We have a
couple of what I would call good fish stores. Of course, there are two
PetsMart stores which generally have good prices for equipment. They also
have some of the best supply, as it is, of plants in Tulsa.

Pet Mart is at 6928 S. Lewis. That is where I bought my 30-gal and stand.
They also have a pretty good supply of plants.

Southern Agriculture is at 71 & Sheridan. I bought my 55 gallon and stand
there.

Pet Stop is just north of Tulsa in Owosso at exit 86 North and Highway-169.
About 10 minutes north. Not sure of their equipment prices but I do like
their store.

--
Bob Alston

Old 09-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Brian

Bob, thanks for the info. I have a Petsmart and a Petwarehouse nearby. Both
are marginal but the Petwarehouse does occassionally get in some suprisingly
interesting fish and plants (this is rare). Is there any kind of aquarium
society or anything around Tulsa?

-Brian

.. .

Old 14-04-2003, 12:08 AM
sgrizzle

I picked up a 55-gal aquarium and wooden stand with cabinets with
lights and filters, etc for about $250 at walmart supercenter in
Tulsa. Petsmart wanted $150 for their cheapest stand alone. Pet Mart
wasn't a whole lot cheaper.