Old 20-04-2003, 05:56 AM
NetMax

Default Triton or Hagen Aquaglow: Vote

"SarahJ" wrote in message
In a 25 gal tank, with one 30w tube I have a choice of fitting a Hagen
Aquaglo, or a Triton tube?

If the choice was yours, what would you use? I am trying to see which

gets
the most votes!

I suggest you try both at home to see if you have a preference. If you
try them at the store, keep in mind that their substrate, rocks and
background will 'flavour' the reflection. At home you get the most
accurate impression (also includes your ambient light levels and the type
of fish which will be illuminated).

Votes are for elections, and you see where that gets us half the time ;o)
Seriously though, a newsgroup poll would probably be too small a sample,
yielding completely different results from one month to another, if
posted again. You can research the technical aspects of fluorescent
lights (below), but everyone 'sees' light differently, so in this case,
seeing might be better than reading.

far too much technical data now :
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/H...7/spectra.html
http://www.aquabotanic.com/lightcompare.htm
http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com...lighting1.html
http://www.mnsi.net/~waj/Lighting.html
http://www.trueaquariumplants.com/ar...aboutlight.asp
http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/faq.html
http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/lights-wozniak.html
http://www.calgaryaquariumsociety.co...ht_Part_1.html
http://www.calgaryaquariumsociety.co...ht_Part_2.html
http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/a.../2/default.asp
http://www.ahsupply.com/
http://www.science-projects.com/PhotosynPigments.htm
http://www.life.umd.edu/classroom/bsci124/lec7.html
http://www.lkraven.com/Aquarium/DIYLighting.htm
http://www.giesemann.de/GB_Leuchten.html
http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/reflectors.html
but how can you know if you have too much information, until you have too
much information ;~)

NetMax

Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Jason Judkins

Hey LeighMo, do you have any brand or model names for the home depot bulbs
that would work well? I am assuming a standard flourescent would not do the
job as the spectrum wouldn't be quite right (but then again I could be wrong
about that too...) I am not really a lighting expert in terms of spectrum
types etc... but I do know that I would much rather pay home depots price
for my bulbs any input would help, thanks!

-Jason

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I would buy something cheap from Home Depot. Those pet store bulbs always

have
insane markups.

Leigh