Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Bruce Butz

Default Ph & Kh Problems

Hello again everyone:
I am using a DIY Co2 bottle injected into the intake of my HOT Magnum
filter.It is working
well. My problem is my Ph is 7.2 and my Kh is
4. This gives me a Co2 rate of 6 mlg/liter.
barely more than I would have with no Co2
injection at all.
How do I lower my Ph without lowering my Kh?
I tried to raise my Kh with baking soda but
it raised my Ph,so I gained nothing.
I have been dosing Ph Down but My Ph just
bounces back up.
My Dh is high as well.But I don't want to get into
RO water and all that expense if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.
Good to see that Chuck and Tom are still in the
group as they helped me alot in the past.

Bruce