Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Otavio Exel

Default Acriflavine damage

hello All,

Plant newbie here, fist post to this group.

This is my first planted tank. Plants were growing nicely until three
weeks ago when I had a fungus/velvet problem; I solved it with
Acrivlavine and, as I expected, it damaged my plants heavily! The stem
plants were the most affected while my 7 small Amazon Swords are almost
intact!

But irrespective of the damage, all of them stopped growing :-(
It's been three weeks now..
Will they ever resume growing?
How long should I wait?

TIA!

--
Otavio Exel /\oo/\
Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
SteveG

Do you think there are still amounts of the medication in the tank? Even
after water changes there will be traces of it still. I suggest putting
carbon in your filter to help remove the medication.

news:6F14D7254CF25C5A.ED452827165A64A4.08856EA0990 ...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Otavio Exel

SteveG wrote:

Do you think there are still amounts of the medication in the tank?
Even after water changes there will be traces of it still.

I don't thing there is too much of it left.. from the top of my head
97.74% of the water has been changed since I stopped the Acriflavine
treatment; do you think a small amount like that could keep plants from
growing?

I suggest putting carbon in your filter to help remove the medication.

yes, it's worth trying; I'll do that.

thanks!

--
Otavio Exel /\oo/\