Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Pat

Default Help!! Algae outbreak!

Hi!
Can anyone help me with my 20G aquarium? I have quite a number of plants
but NOT really a lot and they are under attack by our friends "algae". I
only have one chinese algae eater, 2 clown loaches, 1 redtail tiger and 4
neons. What treatment should I use and how many more algae eaters do I
need? Please specify what kind too. :-)
Thanks
guys!_____________________________________________ _____________________
dALoneR Mishtaah ICQ#: 1339628 Current ICQ status: ( Home Tel#: na na na (
Work Tel#: la la la 7 Fax#: up yourz + More ways to contact me

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Can anyone help me with my 20G aquarium? I have quite a number of plants
but NOT really a lot and they are under attack by our friends "algae". I
only have one chinese algae eater, 2 clown loaches, 1 redtail tiger and 4
neons. What treatment should I use and how many more algae eaters do I
need? Please specify what kind too. :-)

You need to post more details. What kind of algae is it? How much light does
the tank get? What kind of plants? Do you use fertilizer? How long has the
tank been set up?

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Pat

sorry, I got green algae as well as hair algae (those thread-like black
stuffies). Yes, fertilizer is used and I had the tank since mid september
of 2002. The plants are Amazon Sword, some crypt, red ludwigia, corkscrew
and jungle val, and some hairgrass. I feed the fishies THRICE a day (maybe
sometimes overfeeding). I never checked my water for pH and other
properties (I think I should).