Old 21-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Mickle

Default Which Light is best to show off the colours of fish?

For my 80 gallon tank I have 2 trocal lights and a triton. The triton is
positioned at the front to highlight the fish colours. However, I understand
it's not great in that it encourages algae. I don't want 3 'plant' lights
as the tank will look too yellow. Can anyone recommend an alternative front
light which is strong enough to overcome the yellow effect of the other 2
lights, will highlight the fish colours and will not encourage algae too
much?

Thanks in advance.

Old 21-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Christopher

I use an actinic 03 in the center, what is a triton?

"Mickle" THIS.freeserve.co.uk wrote in
message ...

Old 22-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

I've found that the bright blue 18,000K Hagen PowerGlo bulb shows off fish
colors accurately and vividly. Concerning algae promotion, the colour or
intensity of light will not really be a factor...only if you have a high
wattage per gallon without proper fertilization and sufficient C02.

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

"Mickle" THIS.freeserve.co.uk wrote in
message ...
For my 80 gallon tank I have 2 trocal lights and a triton. The triton is
positioned at the front to highlight the fish colours. However, I

understand
it's not great in that it encourages algae. I don't want 3 'plant' lights
as the tank will look too yellow. Can anyone recommend an alternative

front
light which is strong enough to overcome the yellow effect of the other 2
lights, will highlight the fish colours and will not encourage algae too
much?

Thanks in advance.

Eye Colours... Martin Sykes United Kingdom 4 12-02-2005 12:18 AM
Autumn colours Rod United Kingdom 2 29-08-2004 11:13 PM
.....Thanks, Sacha.....differenet colours of cans. margthompson United Kingdom 0 13-06-2004 10:04 PM
Matching stone chipping colours to stone circle al United Kingdom 0 23-11-2003 06:03 PM
Hydrangea colours Exiddor United Kingdom 18 18-08-2003 12:42 PM