Old 07-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Michael Levis

Default Reference books on plants

I'm looking for good technical reference books on aquatic plants. Any
recommendations from the list ?

Zachary Levis

Old 07-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Duncan A. McRae

If you have access to gnutella, you can grab a PDF of "Aquarium Plants" by
Barry James. I haven't read it yet myself, but intend to shortly.

news

Old 08-05-2003, 03:32 AM
linda mar

hi

I don't know to what level of thecnical reference you're looking for, but as
a solid start book, I got "Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants" by Peter
Hiscock. but it's one of those books that if you read it once through
thoroughly, you may not feel the urge to go back to it... so...

it doesn't give you much detail in terms of which plant to buy or the
details of the plants itself, but does have pretty decent, intermediate
information on aquatic plants, ecology, and its maintenance... I categorize
it as a very comprehensive beginner/intermediate book.. but for the truely
advanced... i haven't found one yet.

linda

news

Old 08-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Vincent

Hi,

go to amazon, search up takashi amano, and you shall have a whole list
of aquatic plant references, complete with lots of pictorials.

check these out too...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books