Old 09-05-2003, 02:56 PM
staring@tanks

Default another lighting question

Firstly, I'm upping the amout of light I have to what I think would grow
just about every/any kinda plant possible....

Ideally, I'd like a 4 light strip, but limited to a 30" tank... is there a
T5 30" strip that can accomodate a 40W bulb? I've seen 48" strips and 40W
48" bulbs... not 30"....

PCF is what I have, and it's pretty damned hot.... even with fans, they add
to the heat sometimes....

also, what are the benefits of an electronic ballast...and where do you get
them....

Old 09-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Sam Hopkins

You could try overdriving your lights. I do that with electronic ballastics
from Home Depot. I overdrive mine X 4.

Sam