Old 24-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Jennifer Brooks

Default Pomacea bridgesii impossible to get!?

They mail well. You might want to wait a few weeks. Spring is a good time
mail them: not too hot, not too cold. I wrap them in damp paper towels or
newspaper, with a handful of plant clippings as padding. There's no need to
express mail them; they will be fine for the three or four days domestic mail
usually takes.

Interesting! When you mail them, I assume you put no water in the bags? Just
damp paper towels and plants? Do you blow air into the bags as well? IE. Is
it a blown up bag, no water, snails, and padded with wet paper towels? Also, do
you stop feeding the snails at all a day or two before to clean their
intestines out some (like they do to ship fish?). Let me know, thanks!