Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default No more stem plants for me!

I finally got tired of the weedy stem plants that shaded my tank a couple
of days after pruning them. So I decided to redo the tank and get rid of
all the stem plants. I ordered a bunch of small sword-type plants online
(great service, btw aquariumplant.com) and today I got to work. I took out
a bucketful of stem plants plus a humongous sword that had gotten too big
for my 110 gallon tank. That's the second sword I've gotten rid of for
being too big! Anyhow, the tank looks very empty, but the fish seem to
like having more space to swim. This should decrease the maintenance
required significantly and improve the health of the other plants. Some of
my crypts were hurting due to all the shade those weeds produced.
I can't possibly imagine how fast they would grow if I added CO2!?!?!?!?

Anybody out there ever got tired of their stem plants?

Cheers.

Victor

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv