Old 15-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Bambi

Default Plants for very hard water

Hi all,
I have a 75 gallon tank with very hard water
GH 200mg/l
KH 125mg/l
PH 8-8.5

I know this isnt exactly the ideal plant environment but was wondering if
you could recommend some hardier plants.
I have had some success with java ferns on Tufa rock and bogwood but they
tend to fade away and die after 4-6 months.

Old 15-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Rich Conley

I keep plants in this with aragonite sand. (my african cichlids) Amazon
swords will grow....albeit slowly, but they will grow. Valisneria seems to
do well, (I believe it can strip carbonate from the water...instead of using
CO2). The stem plants I have...cant remember what they are..seem to also do
well. Mines a 55 with ph of 8.3. The Zebras, Afras, and Labs dont tear up the
plants TOOO much...but they do dig an awful lot.