Old 17-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Joseph

Default Plant Propagation

I'm planning on setting up a small tank (10g) to propagate plants for
my larger tank. This would be for low light plants, say Anacharis,
duckweed, java moss, etc. Would natural sunlight be enough for this?
If not I have some grow lights I can hang above the tank.

I won't have a filter hooked up to it, but their will be a CO2 system,
and a small Oxygen pump creating some water circulation.

There will also be some tetras to provide nutrients for the plants…

What else should I do? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joseph

Old 17-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Joseph

Sorry to piggy back like this, but I wanted to add a question.

How often would water changes be needed with a setup like this?

Thanks.

Old 20-12-2003, 03:12 AM
Aquatic-Store.com

Sunlihgt natural for a low light tank your plants will grow.
I am confused as you say you will be running co2 but running an air
pump.
The airpump is going to release most of your co2 from the increased
agitation. I would use a small powerhead.

Kasselmann aquarium plants book 65.99

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale

Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

do you want a FREE CO2 Regulator or FREE CO2 DIFFUSOR????

Swing on by our webbforum to see how to get one!!

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php