Old 29-12-2003, 04:42 AM
JHudson

Default Pruning and Maintenance

Hi
I have a newly set up planted tank and have come to the maintenance part of
plants. I know to remove the dead leaves and such, but pruning is somewhat
confusing for some species.
Are there any websites that tell how to properly prune certain species of
plants? I have some vals of that all the leaves have brown ends(came that
way), should I just give them a haircut and just remove the brown parts?
Thanks

--
Janine Hudson
Sure. Fine. Whatever. -Syzygy

Old 29-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Dunter Powries

JHudson wrote in message
Hi
I have a newly set up planted tank and have come to the maintenance part

of
plants. I know to remove the dead leaves and such, but pruning is

somewhat
confusing for some species.
Are there any websites that tell how to properly prune certain species of
plants? I have some vals of that all the leaves have brown ends(came that
way), should I just give them a haircut and just remove the brown parts?

When it comes time to prune vals and sags, I usually pull the entire clump
out, separate the rosettes, and discard about half the plant. Between
prunings, I may pinch off any discolored leaves near the base of the plant
between my thumb and forefinger. I have occasionally trimmed my sags by
just cutting the tops level with the water line but, frankly, that looks a
little stupid.