Old 30-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Andrew G

Default Root Pruning, and Top Pruning

Hi everyone.
New to the Newsgroup, and been into Bonsai for about 5yrs.
But recent reading has left me a little confused.
Some books state that when root pruning at end of winter/start of spring, to
also top prune once you have repotted. Equalising the top to the bottom.
However other readings have said to allow a month between root pruning, and
top pruning. With root pruning being first, and doing them too close
together can stress the plant.
Currently I have been lucky, with no losses (touch wood) even though I
pruned at possibly incorrect times.
Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew
Mid North Coast
New South Wales, Australia.