Old 06-02-2004, 01:02 AM
KEN PINARD

Default Planted tank help - Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System (Hagen) ??

What did you use for a diffuser? Any tips there?

Ken

"Rikko" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:11:08 +0200, "Happy'Cam'per" wrote:

I find it very hard to believe you had this going for 2 months!!!!!

Me too, actually.. It just kept going and going!
Admittedly, after about five weeks it wasn't as furious, but I use a
membrane-diffuser so I can see how much CO2 is in "reserve" - it was
constantly bubbling over (well, under, technically speaking). The last
3 weeks saw it still bubbling under (ie. more was being produced than
diffused - but that's fine, I was just testing the system out), albeit
not as frequently. It was a good 2 months before the air level in the
diffuser finally started going down (ie. no new CO2 or certainly not
enough to make a big difference).

I should test the liquid temperature in the bottle and see how warm it
usually is, perhaps that played a role in moderating the output. I
have it sitting by my heated 77 gal, right beside the canister filter
full of warm water, and a heated terrarium on the other side. It's a
cozy place