Old 05-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Nemo

Default My Pics

This is obviously a new tank. But I love the way the ludwigia repens is
turning out.

Full view of tank
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0005_s.jpg

The left side
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0008_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0010_s.jpg

My baby tiger lotus (and spits of dwarf hairgrass)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0009_s.jpg

The ludwigia repens
Roots in the water column, BBA on the fern (the SAE's don;t like the stuff
much)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0015_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0017_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0018_s.jpg

Hope you like .

Old 05-03-2004, 05:09 AM
bannor

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:29:33 -0500, "Nemo" wrote:
This is obviously a new tank. But I love the way the ludwigia repens is
turning out.
Full view of tank
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0005_s.jpg
The left side
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0008_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0010_s.jpg
My baby tiger lotus (and spits of dwarf hairgrass)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0009_s.jpg
The ludwigia repens
Roots in the water column, BBA on the fern (the SAE's don;t like the stuff
much)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0015_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0017_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0018_s.jpg
Hope you like .

Yep, sure do... will really look good in a few weeks as all the plants
fill out some.

What sort of substrate are you using? I notice the river gravel on
the top layer, is there flourite or anything else below it?

I am breaking down one of my 55's soon, to be replaced with a 220 and
then will be moving that 'extra' 55 up to my bedroom... so I have some
planning to do.

Nice chunk of drftwood by the way, from floridadriftwood.com?

Old 05-03-2004, 03:46 PM
GloFish

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:29:33 -0500, "Nemo" wrote:

This is obviously a new tank. But I love the way the ludwigia repens is
turning out.

Full view of tank
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0005_s.jpg

The left side
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0008_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0010_s.jpg

My baby tiger lotus (and spits of dwarf hairgrass)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0009_s.jpg

The ludwigia repens
Roots in the water column, BBA on the fern (the SAE's don;t like the stuff
much)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0015_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0017_s.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alkindi/PICT0018_s.jpg

Hope you like .

Yeah.... sure do..... having recently returned to the hobby I used
to love, and now having a wife into it to, I am looking forward to
getting a planted tank.... the raw beauty of this tank is enough to
make anyone want one...

Thanks!

Tony

Old 05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Dum Fish

Attached Files
File Type: (48 Bytes, 44 views)

Old 05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Dum Fish

Attached Files
File Type: (48 Bytes, 39 views)
Old 05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Victor Martinez

Hi. Please don't post binary files (i.e. pictures) to non-binary
newsgroups. Thanks~!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 06-03-2004, 04:29 AM
bannor

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:05:20 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:
Hi. Please don't post binary files (i.e. pictures) to non-binary
newsgroups. Thanks~!

He didn't... he posted LINKS to those pictures... those pictures
were/are stored on a webserver somewhere OTHER than your news-server.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:06 AM
Eric Schreiber

GloFish wrote:

Nemo did post any binaries... a quick check on the message size
indicates that....

Victor wasn't talking about Nemo, but rather about "Dum Fish". In point
of fact, "Dum Fish" didn't post a binary either. Instead, he posted
HTML, which frankly is almost as bad.

Usenet is a plain text environment, not a web board. I don't really
blame Dum Fish, though. He's using WebTV which apparently encourages
users to ignore standards.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 06-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Victor Martinez

bannor wrote:
He didn't... he posted LINKS to those pictures... those pictures
were/are stored on a webserver somewhere OTHER than your news-server.

My bad, I saw the images and the "attachment" symbol and assumed he had
posted binaries. Posting embedded html is just as bad though...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 06-03-2004, 09:45 AM
GloFish

wrote:

Hi. Please don't post binary files (i.e. pictures) to non-binary
newsgroups. Thanks~!

Nemo did post any binaries... a quick check on the message size
indicates that....

Great pics... really are!

Tony
Old 06-03-2004, 03:07 PM
GloFish

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 05:31:21 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

bannor wrote:
He didn't... he posted LINKS to those pictures... those pictures
were/are stored on a webserver somewhere OTHER than your news-server.

My bad, I saw the images and the "attachment" symbol and assumed he had
posted binaries. Posting embedded html is just as bad though...

And my bad..... Guess I had too much coffee at that point... I sit
correct, and beg forgivness :-)

Unfotuneatly.. WebTV has few options for it's users.... personally I
never understood it's appeal, and saw it as a typical MS approach....
ignore standards, and try to force the world to their own standards...

shrug

Peace to you all, and thanks for all the wonderful advice and
knowledge!!!!

Tony

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Some pics... Denise Ponds 1 05-07-2003 04:08 PM
Fragrant reds (was Pics (including Double Delight)) Daniel Hanna Roses 0 21-05-2003 10:20 PM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM
Fabulous orchid pics. for your Christmas Dante Australia 1 17-12-2002 10:22 PM