Old 06-03-2004, 03:34 PM
GloFish

Default My Pics

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 05:31:21 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

bannor wrote:
He didn't... he posted LINKS to those pictures... those pictures
were/are stored on a webserver somewhere OTHER than your news-server.

My bad, I saw the images and the "attachment" symbol and assumed he had
posted binaries. Posting embedded html is just as bad though...

And my bad..... Guess I had too much coffee at that point... I sit
correct, and beg forgivness :-)

Unfotuneatly.. WebTV has few options for it's users.... personally I
never understood it's appeal, and saw it as a typical MS approach....
ignore standards, and try to force the world to their own standards...

shrug

Peace to you all, and thanks for all the wonderful advice and
knowledge!!!!

Tony

Old 10-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Nemo

"bannor" bannor -at- echoes - net - mind the spam block wrote in message

[ ...]
Sorry for the delayed response. My usenet server was not working well.

What sort of substrate are you using? I notice the river gravel on
the top layer, is there flourite or anything else below it?

The substrate is 100% fluorite, aprox. 2.5 inches deep. Below it, is glass
.

I am breaking down one of my 55's soon, to be replaced with a 220 and
then will be moving that 'extra' 55 up to my bedroom... so I have some
planning to do.

Post links to your pics when done. 220, wow! you must be single or have a
very loving wife .

Nice chunk of drftwood by the way, from floridadriftwood.com?

Two pieces set side by side to look like one piece. Mopani wood from
SuperPet.

Old 10-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Nemo

Yeah.... sure do..... having recently returned to the hobby I used
to love, and now having a wife into it to, I am looking forward to
getting a planted tank.... the raw beauty of this tank is enough to
make anyone want one...

Thanks!

My pleasure. Glade you like it

Old 10-03-2004, 11:18 PM
bannor

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:56:27 -0500, "Nemo" wrote:

"bannor" bannor -at- echoes - net - mind the spam block wrote in message
.. .

[ ...]
Sorry for the delayed response. My usenet server was not working well.

What sort of substrate are you using? I notice the river gravel on
the top layer, is there flourite or anything else below it?

The substrate is 100% fluorite, aprox. 2.5 inches deep. Below it, is glass

Hmmm... the Flourite looks lite in color... more like the river gravel
I have in my tank... maybe it is just the lighting.

I am breaking down one of my 55's soon, to be replaced with a 220 and
then will be moving that 'extra' 55 up to my bedroom... so I have some
planning to do.

Post links to your pics when done. 220, wow! you must be single or have a
very loving wife .

We are both enraptured by our fish tanks... I am building a DIY wooden
tank with glass on one end and the front. However, I have run into a
problem with the floor in the living room. It is VERY solid, but the
house was built over a 100 years ago with very green wood and now the
floor sags in multiple directions. I have to figure out a way of
leveling the stand on a very uneven floor, the farther out from the
wall, the worse it gets. The tank that is in that position right now
is on a Metal, 4 leg stand and three of the leggs are leveled up with
pieces of wood that gets used to level a door. 3 pieces on one
corner, two on one and one on the last corner... The tank is still not
completely level, off by about 1/4 inch due to settling.

I know I can't do that with a bigger tank. Too much weight to allow
it to be non-level. So, I have to spend a large amount of money
ripping up the floor, planeing down the joists and re-leveling it all.
That is going to take most of the summer. Sucks... I had already
built the stand before I found the problem was as bad as it is. Well,
I call it a stand, it is actually a complete wall unit. streches from
the corner to the doorway. 8.5 feet. Anyway... when I first attempted
to place the unit in the room was when I found that the floor is
shaped like a letter W both left to right, and front to back and drops
by about 2.5 inches from wall to outside edge so a simple shim won't
work and neither will those screw out leveling furniture 'feet'.

The previous owner of the home had just replaced the carpet with a
VERY deep pile, probably to hide the unlevel floors. Living room and
Den have the same problem. Living room is where the big tank will go.
The den has almost been completely converted to a Fish room...
although I do I have my computer set up in there as well. 4 Tanks.
55, 2 X 29 and a 10 for isolation.

Nice chunk of drftwood by the way, from floridadriftwood.com?

Two pieces set side by side to look like one piece. Mopani wood from
SuperPet.

Wow... it looks like one continuous piece and is absolutely beautiful.
I will be shopping for some very large pieces once I get the stand
leveled out.

Old 10-03-2004, 11:19 PM
bannor

[...]

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Some pics... Denise Ponds 1 05-07-2003 04:08 PM
Fragrant reds (was Pics (including Double Delight)) Daniel Hanna Roses 0 21-05-2003 10:20 PM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM
Fabulous orchid pics. for your Christmas Dante Australia 1 17-12-2002 10:22 PM