Old 24-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Lopaka

Default Plant leaves Curling up?

I have had cheap broad leaved plants in my 20G for 2
years, they grow and multiply but the leaves curl up after
a week or so. (not pretty) I added some Iron fertilizer, but that only
gave me some filament algae..grr lo

--------
20G 15 watt flourescent, Under gravel filter
aquaclear 150 filter
2 clowns
3 black skirt tetras
9 neons
1 albino cat
1 opihi pleco

Old 25-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Lopaka

"Cris" wrote in message
s.com...
Curling, malformed leaves usually means there's a Calcium deficiency.
Cris

Hey, that makes sense..Thanks!

Old 25-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Lopaka

s.com...

Old 25-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Lopaka

"Lopaka" wrote in message

"Cris" wrote in message
s.com...
Curling, malformed leaves usually means there's a Calcium deficiency.
Cris

There does not seem to be an easy solution to adding calcium frrom what I
found?
Why can't I toss eggshell/oyster shell/calcium tabs/coral or something in
the tank?

Aloha! Lo

Old 25-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Dave Millman

Lopaka wrote:

There does not seem to be an easy solution to adding calcium frrom what I
found?
Why can't I toss eggshell/oyster shell/calcium tabs/coral or something in
the tank?

Actually, all four items you mentioned are great, easy sources of Calcium
Carbonate. Crushed coral, the more crushed the better, is quite popular.