Old 29-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Graham Broadbridge

Default Source of KNO3 in Australia

Anyone out there have a source?

The plant nursury I used before no longer stocks KNO3, and I can only find
laboratory suppliers who want me to pay $50 for 500g.

Ta,
Graham.

Old 29-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Happy'Cam'per

You can buy it at any Chemist/pharmacy/drug store......its called Salt Petre
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

u...

Old 29-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Did you read the subject line?

Yes I did , Thats why I answered!!!
Please excuse my ignorance, does Aussie have issues with Kno3? Sorry Bruce,
I had no idea :|
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 29-03-2004, 09:12 PM
coelacanth

"Graham Broadbridge" wrote in message
u...
Anyone out there have a source?

The plant nursury I used before no longer stocks KNO3, and I can only find
laboratory suppliers who want me to pay $50 for 500g.

Ta,
Graham.

Ask them to give you a price on "Technical Grade"
(I suspect you were quoted for "Reagent" grade).

-coelacanth

Old 30-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Michi Henning

"coelacanth" wrote in message
. com...
"Graham Broadbridge" wrote in message
u...
Anyone out there have a source?

The plant nursury I used before no longer stocks KNO3, and I can only find
laboratory suppliers who want me to pay $50 for 500g.

I looked in the Yellow Pages for hydroponics suppliers. I found one nearby
(Enoggera, Qld) who sold me a kilo for about $6.00.

Cheers,

Michi.

--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Old 02-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Graham Broadbridge

G'day Cam'per,

I just re-read my previous post and I came across as a bit rude. No offence
intended.

The problem with pharmacies in Sydney is that they generally only sell name
brand drugs. Ask for tylenol and they'll know what you mean. Ask for KNO3
and they'll raise their eyebrows :-) I had huge problems obtaining pure
ammonia from a pharmacy - they had to order it in and needed a copy of my
drivers licence.

Anyway, I did find a source of suitable grade KNO3 eventually, thanks for
your help, and again, my apologies if my previous post sounded rude.

Graham.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Graham Broadbridge

G'day Michi,

That was the clue I needed.

A Hydroponics supplier in Sydney had it for $5 or $10 per kilo (depending
who answered the phone. :-) I ended up paying $5 for a kilo.
http://www.simplegrow.com.au under the bulk chemical and raw fertiliser
link.

Thanks very much for your help.

Graham.