Old 30-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Cammie

Default Moss Ball

I purchased a cool looking moss ball for my tank. It is now opening up on
one end. I keep this open end face down to the gravel or little hairs of
the moss ball will separate from it and clog my filter.

Anyone have any info on how to care for the moss balls, or if them opening
up is normal? I know they like high light and I have that, and they might
need nutrients so I add Planttabbs to the water every 10 days.

Old 30-03-2004, 11:36 PM
RedForeman ©®

I purchased a cool looking moss ball for my tank. It is now opening
up on one end. I keep this open end face down to the gravel or
little hairs of the moss ball will separate from it and clog my
filter.

Anyone have any info on how to care for the moss balls, or if them
opening up is normal? I know they like high light and I have that,
and they might need nutrients so I add Planttabbs to the water every
10 days.

Best bet would be to fasten with fishing line, or sewing thread around, or
to, some object, either driftwood, a rock, and eventually, it will grow
outside the string that you hold it with, and will cover it all up, you'll
never know it was there.

I've heard of ppl stapling it to driftwood, not to break the moss, but to
attach it firmly... Good luck... is it christmas moss or java moss, which
could very well be the same for all I know.... just curious...

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!!

==========================
2003 TRX450ES
1992 TRX-350 XX (For Sale)
1987 TRX250R (sold)
1987 CBR600 Hurricane (sold)
1987 VFR700 Interceptor (sold)
1995 TRX300ex (sold)
2000 CBR600F4 silver/red (sold) *sniff*sniff*
'98 Tacoma Ext Cab 4X4 Lifted....
==========================
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

If you do send me unsolicited e-mail I will proof-read it at a rate
of $100 per hour (4 hour minimum).

Old 31-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Dave Millman

Cammie wrote:

I purchased a cool looking moss ball for my tank. It is now opening up on
one end. I keep this open end face down to the gravel or little hairs of
the moss ball will separate from it and clog my filter.

Anyone have any info on how to care for the moss balls, or if them opening
up is normal? I know they like high light and I have that, and they might
need nutrients so I add Planttabbs to the water every 10 days.

Just sew it up with fishing line. It will feel no pain.

Old 31-03-2004, 05:22 AM
B Banton

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:40:10 GMT, "Cammie"
wrote:

I purchased a cool looking moss ball for my tank. It is now opening up on
one end. I keep this open end face down to the gravel or little hairs of
the moss ball will separate from it and clog my filter.

Anyone have any info on how to care for the moss balls, or if them opening
up is normal? I know they like high light and I have that, and they might
need nutrients so I add Planttabbs to the water every 10 days.

I've had moss balls. Very painful. My suggestion would be to use
soap - daily. And remember - it's not a real bad problem unless
they're blue.

Good luck

Old 31-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Happy'Cam'per

I've had moss balls. Very painful. My suggestion would be to use
soap - daily. And remember - it's not a real bad problem unless
they're blue.

Yeah but this is a huge problem cause this guy's moss balls are
GREEN!!!!!.....
To the OP, I have these in 2 tanks, one high light and one low light, they
seem to thrive equally well in both tanks, if one starts to break up then
just take it in your hand and use it as a stress ball. Give it some shape
and put it back, it should retain its shape. Those tiny bits that break off
will form new balls, albeit SLOWLY.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 01-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Aquatic-Store.com

Make sure they get plenty of ferts and they grow quickly

Kasselmann aquarium plants book 59.99

Eco-Complete 13.99 a bag

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

JBJ lighitn, Hamilton lighting and milwaukee 5% price match find it
cheaper and buy it with us for 5% less than thier price

Old 01-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Toni

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
Best bet would be to fasten with fishing line, or sewing thread around, or
to, some object, either driftwood, a rock, and eventually, it will grow
outside the string that you hold it with, and will cover it all up, you'll
never know it was there.

I've heard of ppl stapling it to driftwood, not to break the moss, but to
attach it firmly... Good luck... is it christmas moss or java moss, which
could very well be the same for all I know.... just curious...

Unless they have Chladoflora algae balls

Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/discus.htm

Old 01-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Toni

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
Best bet would be to fasten with fishing line, or sewing thread around, or
to, some object, either driftwood, a rock, and eventually, it will grow
outside the string that you hold it with, and will cover it all up, you'll
never know it was there.

I've heard of ppl stapling it to driftwood, not to break the moss, but to
attach it firmly... Good luck... is it christmas moss or java moss, which
could very well be the same for all I know.... just curious...

Unless they have Chladoflora algae balls

Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/discus.htm

Moss ball Tara Legale Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 15-04-2007 04:02 AM
Ball Moss? Frank Texas 14 01-02-2006 02:19 AM
Ball Moss Phil Lawns 3 09-01-2006 01:37 PM
[IBC] Moss dressing pots was : culitvating moss on a large scale Kev Bailey Bonsai 2 20-07-2005 03:59 PM
Neat Ball Moss Project Fred G Texas 0 21-10-2003 03:42 PM