Old 16-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Phil Williamson

Default Flourite...?

Here's what I have so far in my tank:

- 15 watt powerglo bulb
- 15 watt sunglo bulb
- hagen CO2 generator
- 150 aquaclear filter, charcoal bags removes
- flourish fertilizer once weekly with water changes

I've got two swords, crypts, and java moss in the tank at the moment. I've
only got a thin layer of natural gravel tho, say an inch throughout the
tank.

Would my tank benefit from flourite? Can you make any other
recommendations?

Phil..

Old 17-05-2004, 09:02 AM

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message ...
Here's what I have so far in my tank:

- 15 watt powerglo bulb
- 15 watt sunglo bulb
- hagen CO2 generator
- 150 aquaclear filter, charcoal bags removes
- flourish fertilizer once weekly with water changes

I've got two swords, crypts, and java moss in the tank at the moment. I've
only got a thin layer of natural gravel tho, say an inch throughout the
tank.

Would my tank benefit from flourite? Can you make any other
recommendations?

Phil..

Yes, it would, I assume a 20 gal?
2 bags would be nice.
Fertilize 2-3x a week and not once if you use CO2.
You also will need some macro nutrients, some will come from the fish
but you will need to add some more most likely if you use CO2.
www.gregwatson.com sells the stuff, KNO3 for K+ and NO3 and KH2PO4 for
PO4.

Your Tap water may have NO3 or PO4 in there so check with the utiliy
prior to any dosing routine.

Adding 1/4 teaspoon of KNO3 in a 20 gal will add about 10-11ppm of NO3
per dose, at max growth/light levels, you will have at least a 3 day's
supply of NO3.

That, along with perhaps PO4 might help a great deal.

When you use plants, use them 110%, you will have far less algae and
better results and health of your fish.
Add as many as will fit, even if they are cheapy plants, till the
others fill in etc.
Check other web sites and forums for more info.
KNO3 is sold as stump remover at Lowes, Home Depot etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 19-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Phil Williamson

Yep, that would be a 20gal tank we're working with here. Do you think I
have enough light, it's 1.5 watt/gal which isn't too bad I suppose.

om...