Old 27-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Scott Far Thunder

Default trimming advice?

Hau kolas..well my first foray into planted aquaria seems to be going pretty
well so far; just basic beginner plants. Several plants that have really
taken off, in particular "red ludwigia" and really need to be trimmed back.
So, as a general rule of thumb, where is the "ideal" location to trim
plants, and in particular, the "red ludwigia"? As much as the fish and I
enjoy them, I'd hate to hack the plants to death trying to manage them. TIA

lila pilamaya
**FREE LEONARD PELTIER NOW!!**

Old 30-11-2004, 04:25 PM
kush

To trim ludwigia, snip just above a leaf pair. New stems will usually
sprout from each of the two leaf nodes. After four or five prunings
you will probably find that there are so many aerial roots and the
bottoms of the plants have gotten so grotty that you'll just uproot
the entire grouping, chop off and discard the bottom portion, and
replant the tops - my ludwigia repens grow so fast that I replant
cuttings every couple of weeks.

kush

'War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Snails are invertebrates.'
- George Narwhal