Old 28-02-2005, 05:23 PM
steve

Default Monday update, the planted tank on Sycamore

A veritable Tarzanian jungle if I don't say so myself. This is so much
fun! http://aquaria.info/members/ervis/Feb27.html

I still measure nitrates and phosphate so I can tailor my fert dosing
to achieve the proper NPK ratio. I seem to get enough phosphate from
fish food so I don't dose that. I was extremely pleased to see a
perfect zero, bright yellow, on my nitrate test. That is the clue I've
been waiting for, that the plants are consuming large quantities of
nitrates. Now my dosing will be basically what Tom Barr suggests: 1/2
tea KNO3 twice weekly, 1/4 KCI tea twice weekly, 15ml trace twice
weekly, 50% water change weekly. I will no doubt vary the mix in the
future as the plants continue to grow, and I may need some tweaking to
find that perfect 8:1:16 ratio. Today when I get home I'll prune a
bunch and replant the tops, and begin to landscape a bit too, to start
to effect form.

steve

Old 28-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I3 I L L

I can't get the picture to load.

Old 28-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Richard Santink

same problem here..

Old 01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
steve

I3 I L L wrote:
I can't get the picture to load.

Son-a-ma-fich... Dang html @$%#$!

There, now try that. (thanks for looking)

Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 PM
I3 I L L

There we go, tank looks nice!

Old 01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
steve

not tellin'

But for three easy payments of $19.99 I'll sell ya some secret plant
grow deluxe potion that is used by aquatic farmers and ickyologists
around the world to grow weeds like they were weeds!

steve