Old 16-03-2005, 10:47 PM
becon776

Default hello again

hello,
wow... been away from here for a loooooooonnnnngggg time. Used to keep a
planted discus tank www.geocities.com/becon776
but then aquuired large reef tank and wow what a friggin headache!!! and
Money pit. Beautiful no doubt but!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Anyhow, marital issues and separation hence time to bring the old plant tank
back to where it was. get back to my roots so to speak Couple of
questions....
#1 does dave gomberg still do bussiness? Looking for MgNO3. for pmdd....
is that phrase still used?

#2 I have two dbl bright NO fluorescent strips. needs bulbs. Where are
people getting their bulbs these days. Some time ago I used to be able to
get GE chroma 50's but can't seem to find them anymore... they were less $$
than the LFS bulbs. Any ideas. Maybe a new source I don't know about?

Have a good one.
Ben

Old 17-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Richard Sexton

wow... been away from here for a loooooooonnnnngggg time. Used to keep a
planted discus tank www.geocities.com/becon776
but then aquuired large reef tank and wow what a friggin headache!!! and
Money pit. Beautiful no doubt but!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Welcome back. And uh yeah I've tried sal****er too. They realy do just
"add a zero" to prices don't then. And all the bit and pieces. Yow.

#1 does dave gomberg still do bussiness? Looking for MgNO3. for pmdd....
is that phrase still used?

Yup. Google APD archices, he's still active. check out gregwatson.com too.

#2 I have two dbl bright NO fluorescent strips. needs bulbs. Where are
people getting their bulbs these days. Some time ago I used to be able to
get GE chroma 50's but can't seem to find them anymore... they were less $$
than the LFS bulbs. Any ideas. Maybe a new source I don't know about?

They're still common as dirt around here in Canadian Tire. Home depot,
should have a 5000K tube as well. I think they sell Osram/Sylvania
tubes.

I got back into this last fall myself and in reading aorund on
what's up with fluorescents these days there's a pretty good
body of evidence to syggest cool white and warm white are
actually better than anyting else. Yeah, I'm stunned to,
so it's relaly a persona color preference with lights.

If you can find a store than handles Philips see if they can
order you some Aquarelles. 10K tube, very pretty white light.
GE makes an equiv called "fresh and salt water" that's 8000-something-K.

Tom Barr is big on Triton and warm white, I'm using grolux and daylight
cause that's what I have lying aorund.

The long compact fluorescents are pretty amazing too if you can find
them cheap, easy to do if you look for recycled home/office fittings.

Everything else is about the same. PLant availability is better than
at any time in history thanks to the net.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org

Hello again everyone. Wil Edible Gardening 0 07-04-2009 01:19 AM
[IBC] Hello! Again. Peter Aradi Bonsai 8 04-06-2003 01:56 AM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM