Old 08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
TJourd

Default Odd sized tank lighting Question

Hi just a simple Q.
I have a tank that I made which is 16" x16" x16" and I need to construct a
lighting system which is right for plants of the medium to bright light
needs type. Wnyone have some plans for making one of these or buying if the
price is right?

TJourd

Old 08-05-2005, 06:03 PM

I don't think you will find the right price buying.

Any lightning solution out there is way too expensive imo.

We need Walmart to get into the game to bring these prices down.

I have a 36" l tank and any lighting system costs upwards $70US.
And that is not for a compelte canopy just the hood for lights.
Crazy, I am looking at maybe building a canopy myself with two or three
T12/T8 lights.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:49 AM
jet

There are some 15" flourescents out there. They are 14wt so you would
likely need two or three of them. You may need to go down to 12", which
are only 9wt, so you will need at least 4 of these. There is also this
32wt compact flourescent kit that might work for $60:
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...roduct=CU01611