Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default 1 12 07 Rose

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Attached Thumbnails
1 12 07 Rose-1-12-07-rose.jpg
Old 13-01-2007, 03:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

Nice! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 13-01-2007, 06:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Nice! :-)

Hummingbirds were scarce today. Had to shoot something.

Pat :-)

Old 13-01-2007, 10:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Padraig" wrote in message
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Nice! :-)

Hummingbirds were scarce today. Had to shoot something.

Pat :-)

Oh PLEASE don't shoot the little birds!

There's not enough meat on them anyway.

Mary

Old 13-01-2007, 02:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Nice! :-)

Hummingbirds were scarce today. Had to shoot something.

Pat :-)

chuckles Well, ya did good!

Do you, perchance, have a good seed feeder for other birds?

A family of redbirds (common name in Texas for Cardinals) has been
flitting around my yard now for the past two weeks, One pair and looks
like 3 or 4 younglings.

Too wary to get close to them and I don't really have a good enough
digicam to "capture" them.

I've been enjoying them nonethless! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 13-01-2007, 02:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Do you, perchance, have a good seed feeder for other birds?

A family of redbirds (common name in Texas for Cardinals) has been
flitting around my yard now for the past two weeks, One pair and looks
like 3 or 4 younglings.

Yes. I get mostly sparrows and the like - nothing very colorful or
significant. I posted a shot of a Western Scrub Jay a couple of weeks ago
but he hasn't been back.

Pat

Old 13-01-2007, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Do you, perchance, have a good seed feeder for other birds?

A family of redbirds (common name in Texas for Cardinals) has been
flitting around my yard now for the past two weeks, One pair and looks
like 3 or 4 younglings.

Yes. I get mostly sparrows and the like - nothing very colorful or
significant. I posted a shot of a Western Scrub Jay a couple of weeks ago
but he hasn't been back.

Pat

I enjoyed that one! We have the resident common blue jays here. Unlike
the scrub jays, these have a crest, much like the Steller's jay except
different markings, and smaller.

http://www.passporttotexas.com/birds/oct.html

Wonderful personalities, but we've had an influx of crows move in
recently, so I've not seen may Jays lately.

You never get Orioles on your hummingbird feeders?
We used to get Baltimores every fall during the migratory season up in
Lake Hughes.

Little pigs would hang from the feeders and just tilt it enough to spill
"nectar" into their mouths, but we had roosts on ours. Maybe you will
get lucky now that you do too. :-)

Brilliant orange, yellow and black birds!

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i5070id.html

When we moved to Colorado and set up a bird feeder, our most interesting
visitors were magpies and the black squirrels with the tufted ears. The
third pic down are the ones that used to visit us, along with common
gray tree squirrels:

http://www.wildlifedamage.com/squirrels.htm

The tree squirrels here in Texas are serious pests! I can't even set up
seed bird feeders without going to great lengths (which I will
eventually do).

Not so cute when they do enough damage........ sigh
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 13-01-2007, 05:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
You never get Orioles on your hummingbird feeders?

No. I have never seen an Oriole in my life. I possess a book written by 3
authoritative birders about birds in the L.A. region including Ventura,
Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and according to them we have
3 Orioles in Southern California --- the Hooded, the Bullock's, and the
Scott's. I've never seen any of them either. Heck, come to think of it
I've never seen most of the birds in the book. I'd go there and look at
them if I only knew where they were all hangin' out.

Pat

Old 13-01-2007, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
You never get Orioles on your hummingbird feeders?

No. I have never seen an Oriole in my life. I possess a book written by 3
authoritative birders about birds in the L.A. region including Ventura,
Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and according to them we have
3 Orioles in Southern California --- the Hooded, the Bullock's, and the
Scott's. I've never seen any of them either. Heck, come to think of it
I've never seen most of the birds in the book. I'd go there and look at
them if I only knew where they were all hangin' out.

Pat

Give it time... :-)

We lived in the Lake Hughes area for about 7 years. That was our most
delightful "hummingbird" period along with the seasonal Orioles. Maybe
we just got lucky? shrugs

Unfortunately, we have no pictures, only the ones in my mind. I was the
typical idiot teenager and did not care as much at the time, but I know
that I have hummer pics somewhere, but nowhere near what you have
posted. sigh

Mum is dead, can't ask her. The hummers were _her_ project at the time.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-01-2007, 01:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Padraig" expounded:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
You never get Orioles on your hummingbird feeders?

No. I have never seen an Oriole in my life. I possess a book written by 3
authoritative birders about birds in the L.A. region including Ventura,
Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and according to them we have
3 Orioles in Southern California --- the Hooded, the Bullock's, and the
Scott's. I've never seen any of them either. Heck, come to think of it
I've never seen most of the birds in the book. I'd go there and look at
them if I only knew where they were all hangin' out.

Pat

I never get (baltimore) orioles at my feeders, but I know they're
around, from their song. They arrive every year just as the maple
open their leaves, they're flutey song is distinctive!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts