Old 21-02-2007, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Backyard project update

The plants are becoming more colorful and filling out a little but still
have a long way to go. The lawn is beginning to be really plush looking -
just like I wanted it. All the low voltage lighting is hooked up and
operating. Coming along pretty well --- EXCEPT the fresh sod was laid on
February 3rd and the landscape contractor had told me to water it every day
till the roots took hold, which I did. Then on Tuesday the 13th I left him
voice mail asking when I could have my gardner mow it. He replied by e-mail
on Wednesday the 14th that it should be cut between 10 and 13 days after it
was laid, and to make sure it wasn't watered within 48 hours before mowing
or the mower's wheels would make ruts in the soft dirt. Uh-oh! I didn't
read that message until 7:00 PM Wednesday - one hour after the sprinklers
shut off! And the gardner came Thursday morning. He mowed it only about 13
hours after the last watering. And guess what? I've got ruts!

Ah well. Maybe it won't be noticible. Now that the roots have taken hold
I'm watering every other day.

The front and side are coming along nicely too.
--
Paddy's Pig
------------

Attached Thumbnails
Backyard project update-progress.jpg   Backyard project update-backyard-project-update-1.jpg
Old 22-02-2007, 12:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Pat your project came out lovely. Ruts and all. I wouldn't worry a lot about
them. They should disappear shortly and blend with the rest. I hope.
Betsy

--
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate and Starbucks!!
BetsyB

Old 22-02-2007, 12:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"betsyb" wrote in message
Pat your project came out lovely. Ruts and all. I wouldn't worry a lot
about them. They should disappear shortly and blend with the rest. I
hope.
Betsy

If the ruts persist and anyone mentions them say that they're reproduction
ridge and furrow :-)

Mary

Old 24-02-2007, 06:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Any chance you could post reasonable size images?
Old 24-02-2007, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Brian" wrote in message
Any chance you could post reasonable size images?

I've had a lot of complaints from others about small sizes too so maybe it's
time for me to step up. How big do ya want 'em?
--
Paddy's Pig
------------

Old 24-02-2007, 11:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:30:08 -0800, "Padraig"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
.. .
Any chance you could post reasonable size images?

I've had a lot of complaints from others about small sizes too so maybe it's
time for me to step up. How big do ya want 'em?

You post any size you want to. Big is good and medium is good. Small
icon size is not. JMHO
Old 01-06-2007, 01:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Yeah, larger please.

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:25:25 -0500, Brian wrote:

Any chance you could post reasonable size images?

Gerry Danen
http://www.lilyregister.com