Old 02-04-2007, 07:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default The same peony four days later

this is FRAGRANT! I never thought tree peonies were fragrant. THIS one
is! awesome. And down below, in the raised "tomato" box (where I once
tried to grow tomatoes and the trees listened and now I need to clear
and open the fence row to have sun loving stuff) is the reddish pink
striped one.....picture of that follows............. there are now SIX
of these fragrant beauties. They smell like sweet Ponds facial cream,
kinda......not unpleasant......makes me think of my mama decades ago........
madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where the redbuds,
dogwoods,lilacs, shrub magnolia's and Pawlonia's are all blooming at the
SAME TIME?????????? yep! spooky!

Attached Thumbnails
The same peony four days later-4-1-2007-001.jpg

Old 02-04-2007, 12:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

madgardener expounded:

this is FRAGRANT! I never thought tree peonies were fragrant. THIS one
is! awesome. And down below, in the raised "tomato" box (where I once
tried to grow tomatoes and the trees listened and now I need to clear
and open the fence row to have sun loving stuff) is the reddish pink
striped one.....picture of that follows............. there are now SIX
of these fragrant beauties. They smell like sweet Ponds facial cream,
kinda......not unpleasant......makes me think of my mama decades ago........
madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where the redbuds,
dogwoods,lilacs, shrub magnolia's and Pawlonia's are all blooming at the
SAME TIME?????????? yep! spooky!

Of course they're fragrant, silly! G I think mine have made it,
ofcourse they don't even have a leaf on them yet....I hope they bloom!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 02-04-2007, 08:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wait till you smell the white ones. They are my favorite!

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

BetsyB

Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

betsyb wrote:
Wait till you smell the white ones. They are my favorite!

I don't have white tree peonies.........the reddish pink striped ones
aren't fragrant......and I'm not sure about the purple one beside the
NSSG (Not So Secret Garden)
maddie

Old 26-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered User

Location: USA, Minnesota

I live in zone 3 in Minnesota and my sister-in-laws peonies are in full bloom. They are gorgeous! Last year she planted a burgundy one and it is beautiful. I love peonies but hate the ants. I want to cut some of hers and put them in vases for in the house but I am afraid the ants will end up on the floor and run my house!!! Is that possible? I don't have any experience with these flowers as a cut flower so any info would help. I did hear you can place them, once cut, head-first in a bucket of water to rid the ants....true? Thanks

[IMG] code is On

tree peony - tree peony.jpg (01/12) seph... Garden Photos 2 01-06-2007 05:58 PM
tree peony - tree peony.jpg (01/12) Ann Garden Photos 1 01-06-2007 05:38 PM
tree peony - tree peony.jpg (12/12) [email protected] Garden Photos 0 01-06-2007 06:20 AM
Four new roses Henry Roses 0 26-04-2003 02:08 PM
Four O'clocks Scarlett Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:08 AM