Old 30-06-2007, 05:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default From my garden

Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

Attached Thumbnails
From my garden-dscn0536.jpg
Old 30-06-2007, 05:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Mary

Old 30-06-2007, 05:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Oh I love them, never a problem here they just seed around gently and mingle
with the other plants.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-06-2007, 06:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Oh I love them, never a problem here they just seed around gently and
mingle with the other plants.

They seed vigorously here, among plants including veg, in cracks and paths.
I do think they're bonny but they're very difficult to uproot. Even the hens
don't eat them! I don't mind bigger poppies, the annual ones, because they
can easily be pulled out after flowering. It's just the darned Welsh ones
:-( Perhaps you don't grow veg. Our garden is small and I have to make full
use of every part.

Mary

Old 30-06-2007, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote after...

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Oh I love them, never a problem here they just seed around gently and
mingle with the other plants.

They seed vigorously here, among plants including veg, in cracks and
paths. I do think they're bonny but they're very difficult to uproot. Even
the hens don't eat them! I don't mind bigger poppies, the annual ones,
because they can easily be pulled out after flowering. It's just the
darned Welsh ones :-( Perhaps you don't grow veg. Our garden is small and
I have to make full use of every part.

Our garden is small too, and even smaller considering the pond takes up
almost half the space, but we have an Allotment for growing our veg.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 01-07-2007, 10:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote after...

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Oh I love them, never a problem here they just seed around gently and
mingle with the other plants.

They seed vigorously here, among plants including veg, in cracks and
paths. I do think they're bonny but they're very difficult to uproot.
Even the hens don't eat them! I don't mind bigger poppies, the annual
ones, because they can easily be pulled out after flowering. It's just
the darned Welsh ones :-( Perhaps you don't grow veg. Our garden is small
and I have to make full use of every part.

Our garden is small too, and even smaller considering the pond takes up
almost half the space, but we have an Allotment for growing our veg.

Do you have Welsh poppy on the allotment?

And I hope it's not going to be taken over as a brown field site or for an
Olympic car park :-(

Mary

Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Oh I love them, never a problem here they just seed around gently and
mingle with the other plants.

They seed vigorously here, among plants including veg, in cracks and
paths. I do think they're bonny but they're very difficult to uproot.
Even the hens don't eat them! I don't mind bigger poppies, the annual
ones, because they can easily be pulled out after flowering. It's just
the darned Welsh ones :-( Perhaps you don't grow veg. Our garden is
small and I have to make full use of every part.

Our garden is small too, and even smaller considering the pond takes up
almost half the space, but we have an Allotment for growing our veg.

Do you have Welsh poppy on the allotment?

No none on the allotment, pretty though they are they would be weeds there.
:-)

And I hope it's not going to be taken over as a brown field site or for an
Olympic car park :-(

I hope so too, our old large site is being turned into a Town Park (so they
say, little movement there despite us all being kicked off a couple of years
ago) the one we moved to is only a small site near the M25/M3 Thorpe
junction and we are too far away and on the opposite side of London from the
2012 Olympics area to be of any interest to them, thank goodness. Don't get
me going on that subject,... please! :-(

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 01-07-2007, 12:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
sage
Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Oh I love them, never a problem here they just seed around gently and
mingle with the other plants.

Do you have Welsh poppy on the allotment?

No none on the allotment, pretty though they are they would be weeds
there.

Exactly!

And I hope it's not going to be taken over as a brown field site or for
an Olympic car park :-(

I hope so too, our old large site is being turned into a Town Park (so
they say, little movement there despite us all being kicked off a couple
of years ago) the one we moved to is only a small site near the M25/M3
Thorpe junction and we are too far away and on the opposite side of London
from the 2012 Olympics area to be of any interest to them, thank
goodness.

Don't bank on it :-(

Don't get me going on that subject,... please! :-(

Sorry, but even up here in Yorkshire there's strong feeling about every
aspect of it.

Mary

Old 02-07-2007, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:42:38 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Mary

And I can't get it to grow :-))
--

09=ix
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Welsh Poppy. Meconopsis cambrica

The bane of my garden!

Mary

And I can't get it to grow :-))

?????????

Where are you?

Mary

Old 03-07-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 20:06:42 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Where are you?

Mary

Sorry - wrong sig