Old 13-10-2007, 09:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default RoundUp and Monkey Grass

I have thoroughly sprayed RoundUp onto monkey grass that is growing
out-of-bounds. I have already sprayed it 6-7 times in the past 2
weeks, yet it is still green. The last 3 times I mixed the RoundUp
triple strength, still no result. It is a new bottle of RoundUp. Is
there something about RoundUp and Monkey Grass I don't understand? How
can Monkey grass be controlled? I want to plant fescue grass (this
week) after it dies out. When I try to pull it out, it just breaks
off.
Old 14-10-2007, 11:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

I have thoroughly sprayed RoundUp onto monkey grass that is growing
out-of-bounds. I have already sprayed it 6-7 times in the past 2
weeks, yet it is still green. The last 3 times I mixed the RoundUp
triple strength, still no result. It is a new bottle of RoundUp. Is
there something about RoundUp and Monkey Grass I don't understand? How
can Monkey grass be controlled? I want to plant fescue grass (this
week) after it dies out. When I try to pull it out, it just breaks
off.

Ooh, now THAT is encouraging!!!

I'm trying to get Monkey Grass established as a front lawn. (I have full
shade).

That stuff is SO expensive to purchase! Around $1.20 for a 4" plug/pot.

DIG it up and send it to me!!! I'll pay you for it.

Seriously. PLEASE!

Especially if you are willing to compete on pricing.

Hint: Monkey grass is not a grass. That is why Roundup is not working.

I am in Central Texas.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 14-10-2007, 04:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:34:54 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

[...]

Removing the monkey grass is the issue. Whether a grass or not, I
thought RoundUp worked on any green plant. I mostly use RoundUp for
poison ivy which it does a good job.

I wonder if it is legal to ship this (invasive and stubborn) plant!
Nothing eats or kills it. I may end up burning it.
Old 14-10-2007, 05:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:34:54 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

[...]

Roundup has only worked marginally well for weeds in my driveway.
It's not the panacea that everyone thinks it is.

I wonder if it is legal to ship this (invasive and stubborn) plant!
Nothing eats or kills it. I may end up burning it.

Of course it's legal! I can get it via mail order but I'd rather pay YOU
for it, if you are willing.

As for your problem, if you don't want to dig it up and mail it to me,
try white vinegar.