Old 12-12-2007, 05:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Female Anna's

When I open the post I can't get the picture - and some of the commands are
greyed so I can't, for instance, reply :-(

I want to see the picture!

Mary

Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
When I open the post I can't get the picture - and some of the commands
are greyed so I can't, for instance, reply :-(

I want to see the picture!

I'm sorry Mary. Normally my posts to this group are 1024 pixels wide - plus
or minus a little. I actually shot this one several months back and posted
it at that smaller size way back when. I was going through my files to see
what I should keep at the end of the year and what I should toss out and I
sort of rediscovered this one. I recently bought a big 24" wide 16:9 ratio
flat screen monitor and I thought this pic might look pretty good as my
desktop. But to get the most out of it I couldn't use the old reduced size
and then "stretch it" to fit the big screen so I redid it from the .NEF(RAW)
at the full size with no cropping at all. Wow!

Anybody who likes hummingbirds and has one of these newer flat screen
monitors may enjoy this larger post. That's the only reason I sent it
full-sized like that. Sorry it caused a problem. I know a lot of people
have set their newsreaders to reject large files like this so a lot of folks
may not even know what we're talking about here.

Anyway...to the picture! First I've got a hunch you might be able to see it
if you use a little trick I'll tell you about. I checked and you're using
Microsoft Outlook Express. Open up the file. Now - go to the "Attach:"
line just below the "Subject:" line. Click on the little icon there,
labeled DSC_0029.jpg. That should open it up in your Windows Photo Gallery
program - or Windows Picture Viewer. The program should automatically
resize the pic for viewing. Some of it may hang over the RH and LH edges if
you've got a monitor with a 4:3 width to height ratio but that's not
important stuff to the picture. At that point you can save it to your hard
drive if you like, and you can also reduce its size.

If all the above fails the second thing I'll do is send a smaller version of
it. It'll still be pretty good but it will be at much lower resolution.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

I'm sorry Mary. Normally my posts to this group are 1024 pixels wide -
plus or minus a little. I actually shot this one several months back and
posted it at that smaller size way back when.

In that case I might already have it! I save most of your pictures and all
the hummers, they're not used anywhere else, they just keep giving me a lot
of pleasure.

Anyway...to the picture! First I've got a hunch you might be able to see
it if you use a little trick I'll tell you about. I checked and you're
using Microsoft Outlook Express. Open up the file. Now - go to the
"Attach:" line just below the "Subject:" line.

Well, there wasn't one :-(

But read on ...

In frustration I hit every other key and when I hit 'Tools' the picture
appeared, that is, a small corner of the picture appeared. So I right
clicked and told it to be saved with all the others.

If all the above fails the second thing I'll do is send a smaller version
of it. It'll still be pretty good but it will be at much lower
resolution.

I'll have a look later but have to make dinner. In the meantime, thank you
VERY much - and I'll report tomorrow.

:-))))))))))

Mary

Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I'll have a look later but have to make dinner. In the meantime, thank you
VERY much - and I'll report tomorrow.

Y'r welcome! Just in case you can't find it here's replacement 1024 of it.
In the larger version the clarity is startling.
--
Paddy's Pig

Attached Thumbnails
Female Anna's-dsc_0029bb.jpg