Old 22-04-2008, 08:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Angels trumpets

I'm trying to get some brugmansias to sprout, they've been in pots for 12
days @ 19C in polythene bags but nothing yet. I got these seeds advertised
as fresh from ebay so I'm hoping they will sprout soon. Any brug growers out
there? Any advice is welcome.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Yes the Datura brugmansia types dont grow from seed usually, you have to
clone them, there is someone on ebay selling seeds saying they are
Datura brugmansia (Angels trumpets) and says they are the ones with12"
long fragrant flowers but they are NOT the Datura brugmansia expected
because I bought them and after they eventually popped they turned out
to be the upwardly flowering purple type (Metal i think) which dont do
anything in the way of fragrance or flower longevity (more like a weed
and seedpods are viscious! lol)
Dont buy seeds get the live plants from a rep' dealer.

Clive.

Mr X:
I'm trying to get some brugmansias to sprout, they've been in pots for

12
days @ 19C in polythene bags but nothing yet. I got these seeds

advertised
as fresh from ebay so I'm hoping they will sprout soon. Any brug

growers out
there? Any advice is welcome.

[IMG] code is On

angels trumpet jackuk United Kingdom 1 16-08-2013 04:42 PM
CHICAGO: Breeding pair of Koi Angels (local pickup only) Suzmyers Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 21-01-2005 01:54 PM
FA: "Save room in your garden for angels to dance" sign Steve Peterson Gardening 1 31-07-2004 02:13 AM
Brugmansia aka Angel Trumpets quest Gardening 0 14-03-2004 04:32 PM
angels trumpet seed starting question Kim Ramey Gardening 1 12-05-2003 02:08 PM