Old 13-05-2008, 12:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default TBI Frost and Flame

Had this for years but it's rather overcrowded so doesn't do too well, will
have to move it to the allotment where it can get the totally open
conditions they like best.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Attached Thumbnails
TBI Frost and Flame-dscn0838.jpg
Old 13-05-2008, 02:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Hobden wrote:
Had this for years but it's rather overcrowded so doesn't do too well, will
have to move it to the allotment where it can get the totally open
conditions they like best.

Lovely, lovely flower. please tell me, what exactly do you mean by 'the
allotment'?
Old 13-05-2008, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"tenman" wrote .
Bob Hobden wrote:
Had this for years but it's rather overcrowded so doesn't do too well,
will have to move it to the allotment where it can get the totally open
conditions they like best.

Lovely, lovely flower. please tell me, what exactly do you mean by 'the
allotment'?

Over here our local Councils rent out plots of land cheaply for growing
stuff, basically a field split into small plots. I understand they have them
in France and other European Countries too.
A normal Allotment here is 10 Sq Rods (a Rod is an ancient measurement of
5.5 yards or 16.5 feet, roughly 5 metres) but they do come in various sizes
and shapes, our present one is 7.5 Sq Rods, our last was 15. There is
normally a stipulation on what you can grow as they are mainly meant for
growing food crops but you are allowed some flowers. You also have to meet
standards of cultivation or you may be thrown off.
Used to be a hobby of the poor or serious gardener (read old farts) but now
it's fashionable. :-)
More info at... http://www.allotment.org.uk/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-05-2008, 04:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"tenman" wrote .
Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

And getting harder and harder to get one :-(

Mary