Old 25-05-2008, 04:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Size of tomato

This is the first time I am growing the Brandywine Tomato and is this the
standard size for this type of tomato plant?

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Attached Thumbnails
Size of tomato-hpim0004-small-.jpg

Old 27-05-2008, 02:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Moe Jones" wrote in message
This is the first time I am growing the Brandywine Tomato and is
this the standard size for this type of tomato plant?

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

At least.

Mary

Thank You.
I thought they were going to be bigger.
They did taste good

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Old 27-05-2008, 02:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Moe Jones wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Moe Jones" wrote in message

This is the first time I am growing the Brandywine Tomato and is
this the standard size for this type of tomato plant?

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

At least.

Mary

Thank You.
I thought they were going to be bigger.
They did taste good

In my over 40 years experience of growing Tomatoes I have never found a
VERY large Tomato that had REALLY great taste. IMO, many of the
"medium" varieties have better flavor than the "supersize" varieties.
Also, for a variety of tastes you can't beat the flavor of the smaller
cherry, plum, pear tomatoes.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 28-05-2008, 03:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bill R wrote:
Moe Jones wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Moe Jones" wrote in message

This is the first time I am growing the Brandywine Tomato and is
this the standard size for this type of tomato plant?

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

At least.

Mary

Thank You.
I thought they were going to be bigger.
They did taste good

In my over 40 years experience of growing Tomatoes I have never found
a VERY large Tomato that had REALLY great taste. IMO, many of the
"medium" varieties have better flavor than the "supersize" varieties.
Also, for a variety of tastes you can't beat the flavor of the smaller
cherry, plum, pear tomatoes.

Thanks for the feedback. I am begining to believe in what you are saying. I
am also growing a Grape Tomato plant and have just started seeds for
HoneyBunch Tomatoes and Italian Ice Tomatoes. I am trying to stage out the
growing so all the plants do not come in at the same time.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Attached Thumbnails