Old 20-06-2008, 08:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Believe it or not there's a red-shouldered hawk in this picture

I have such awful luck with wildlife pics. This guy looked at me for 2
minutes without moving a feather. I calmly got up, went into the house,
grabbed my camera, and as soon as I re-emerged he bailed out on me!

What a poor sport.
--
Pat Durkin )

Attached Thumbnails
Believe it or not there's a red-shouldered hawk in this picture-believe-not-theres-red-shouldered-hawk-picture.jpg
Old 20-06-2008, 09:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
I have such awful luck with wildlife pics. This guy looked at me for 2
minutes without moving a feather. I calmly got up, went into the house,
grabbed my camera, and as soon as I re-emerged he bailed out on me!

What a poor sport.
--
Pat Durkin )

I'd believe you if you said there was a pig's nest in it.

Give us a clue where to look ...

Mary

Old 20-06-2008, 01:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 00:13:45 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

I have such awful luck with wildlife pics. This guy looked at me for 2
minutes without moving a feather. I calmly got up, went into the house,
grabbed my camera, and as soon as I re-emerged he bailed out on me!

What a poor sport.

I saw it. We have a young red-shouldered hawk in our backyard, raised
in a tall pine tree. It is very camouflaged, spotted and barely
invisible when still. The parents nearly cleaned out the frogs in the
pond and most of the snakes. The baby hawk has been flying for two
weeks, yet I see the parents are still feeding it although less and
less.
Old 20-06-2008, 02:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:02:46 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
m...
I have such awful luck with wildlife pics. This guy looked at me for 2
minutes without moving a feather. I calmly got up, went into the house,
grabbed my camera, and as soon as I re-emerged he bailed out on me!

What a poor sport.
--
Pat Durkin )

I'd believe you if you said there was a pig's nest in it.

Give us a clue where to look ...

Mary

I saw it at once.
His feathers are pointing down on the right side near bottom. He is
hidden behind the tree limb a few inches from pats name and up about
an inch maybe more depending on your monitor.
Old 20-06-2008, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:02:46 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
om...
I have such awful luck with wildlife pics. This guy looked at me for 2
minutes without moving a feather. I calmly got up, went into the house,
grabbed my camera, and as soon as I re-emerged he bailed out on me!

What a poor sport.
--
Pat Durkin )

I'd believe you if you said there was a pig's nest in it.

Give us a clue where to look ...

Mary

I saw it at once.
His feathers are pointing down on the right side near bottom. He is
hidden behind the tree limb a few inches from pats name and up about
an inch maybe more depending on your monitor.

Right - I THINK I can see it :-)

There's what could be a wing in that place but nothing else ... thanks
anyway :-)

Mary

[IMG] code is On

Red Tailed Hawk EVP MAN Gardening 0 09-04-2011 06:41 AM
Red Shouldered Hawk - backyard Paddy's Pig[_5_] Garden Photos 1 28-09-2010 12:30 PM
Hawk Moth - hawk moth.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 13-06-2007 02:00 PM
Juvenile Red Shouldered Hawk Padraig Garden Photos 0 28-02-2007 07:12 AM
Red-shouldered Hawk visits pond bbrown9506 Ponds 6 25-07-2005 06:08 PM