Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Texas Hill Country one - HillCountry1small.jpg (1/1)

Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about 5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Attached Thumbnails
Texas Hill Country one - HillCountry1small.jpg (1/1)-hillcountry1small.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 01:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about 5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--

Nah! I always thought of Texas as oil fields and longhorn cattle. Nice
photos.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about 5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--

Nah! I always thought of Texas as oil fields and longhorn cattle.

And Bushes ...

Mary

Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about 5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--

Nah! I always thought of Texas as oil fields and longhorn cattle.

That's West Texas. g You can now count wind farms in some areas.
It's a big state and actually has some pine forests to the North the
other side of Houston. We have a local mini-climate close by in Bastrop
that has pine forest.

Nice
photos.

Thanks! :-)

Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about 5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--

Nah! I always thought of Texas as oil fields and longhorn cattle.

And Bushes ...

Mary

Mostly around here, it's Oak, Cedar and Mesquite trees.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Sj wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 04:52:54 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about 5
miles or so up the road. :-)

Oh, wow ... one of my kids lives south of Austin
& this reminds me of the view he has from his
living room

Sj

Yeah. South of Austin is some real nice living area. :-)
This is Devil's Backbone. RR-12.

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message
"Omelet" wrote in message
news Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and
post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here
are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about
5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--
Nah! I always thought of Texas as oil fields and longhorn cattle.

And Bushes ...

Mary

Mostly around here, it's Oak, Cedar and Mesquite trees.

sigh

it was a joke.

Mary

Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

"Omelet" wrote in message
news Maroochy's exquisite landscape pics inspired to get off my rear and
post
a couple I had on file. Everyone thinks Texas is all desert so here
are
a couple of pics taken last fall while dad and I were out on a drive.
This is my "back yard". Well, not really but it's the roadsides about
5
miles or so up the road. :-)
--
Nah! I always thought of Texas as oil fields and longhorn cattle.

And Bushes ...

Mary

Mostly around here, it's Oak, Cedar and Mesquite trees.

sigh

it was a joke.

Mary

I know. :-)