Old 19-04-2010, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Happy hummer news

Teddy flew off to begin his future outside the nest this afternoon. I
expect Jasmine to make the big leap at any time.

Best of luck to their hearty little souls. I wish them the best.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 19-04-2010, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Aaaah! How nice. Keep your camera handy as they sometimes come back to
the
nest for feeding.
Also I read where the mom will come back to the same nest & rebuild,
eggcetera! *G*
Cheers Wendy

Old 19-04-2010, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

Teddy flew off to begin his future outside the nest this afternoon. I
expect Jasmine to make the big leap at any time.

Well here it is at 3:51 PM the next day and she's still sitting there like a
bump on a log.

I've seen her stretch and stick her head up today, and she's puffed up her
feathers quite a lot, and opened her mouth many times. Looks like she's
yawning.

But I haven't seen the mother come around to feed her today and her brother
that flew the coop yesterday hasn't come back to visit (my wife says she saw
a small hummer "working" on one of my penstemons while she was working in
the front yard this morning). Except for the possible sibling sighting
there's been virtually no hummers around here today. My feeder was filled
last night and it's still full. I wonder what's going on.

Maybe they all went to a rock 'n roll bash somewhere.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 20-04-2010, 10:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

[...]

Hey Pat,
How long was it from the time you first saw the eggs to when a chick
left the nest?
Bob Williams