Old 15-09-2010, 04:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Mountain Chicadee

Attached Thumbnails
Mountain Chicadee-mountain-chicadee.jpg
Old 15-09-2010, 04:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

He's in my olive tree which is in its first year of fruiting. The fruit is
beginning to fall on the lawn.

Anybody know what happens next? I'd expect a million little olive trees but
maybe the weekly mowing will take care of them. I imagine that even if the
mowing prevents them from becoming adult trees there may be a problem
anyway. The little olive trees will probably be like a bunch of toothpicks
pointed at the bottom of someone's bare foot. I can hear myself yelling
already.

Picking them all up before they germinate is out of the question.

How about some kind of spray?
--
Pat Durkin

Old 15-09-2010, 12:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:40:24 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
m...

He's in my olive tree which is in its first year of fruiting. The fruit is
beginning to fall on the lawn.

Anybody know what happens next? I'd expect a million little olive trees but
maybe the weekly mowing will take care of them. I imagine that even if the
mowing prevents them from becoming adult trees there may be a problem
anyway. The little olive trees will probably be like a bunch of toothpicks
pointed at the bottom of someone's bare foot. I can hear myself yelling
already.

Picking them all up before they germinate is out of the question.

How about some kind of spray?

How about a drop cloth spread during the time of dropping. It could be
a color that would not be too obtrusive and certainly less than stubs
in the feet.
Old 15-09-2010, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

Anybody know what happens next? I'd expect a million little olive trees but
maybe the weekly mowing will take care of them.

I've never seen volunteer olive seedlings in Monterey or San Louis
Obispo. Maybe they like your area better though.

There are sprays to prevent the fruit from setting

Can't you get your Illegal to rake them up? Or harvest them?
--

09=IX
Old 15-09-2010, 04:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Garrapata" wrote in message
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

Anybody know what happens next? I'd expect a million little olive trees
but
maybe the weekly mowing will take care of them.

I've never seen volunteer olive seedlings in Monterey or San Louis
Obispo. Maybe they like your area better though.

There are sprays to prevent the fruit from setting

Can't you get your Illegal to rake them up? Or harvest them?

All joking aside, he comes once a week but the olives drop 7 days a week.
He's a US citizen by the way.
--
Pat Durkin

[IMG] code is On

Mountain Chicadee Paddy's Pig[_5_] Garden Photos 0 15-09-2010 04:46 AM
BOYCOTT Fieldale Farms (Springer Mountain Farms & Redding) They're ANTI-ORGANIC! (And call James Curts sci.agriculture 0 02-03-2003 08:15 PM
BOYCOTT Fieldale Farms (Springer Mountain Farms & Redding) They're ANTI-ORGANIC! (And call your OrganicOrganizer sci.agriculture 0 28-02-2003 05:39 PM
Mountain Laurel problem L & S Texas 0 12-02-2003 04:38 PM
Good tree for smallish garden - scots pine/mountain ash/aspen Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 1 01-11-2002 03:18 PM