Old 31-08-2011, 10:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Plant ID please....

Any one know?? We think a gourd or melon. It was a volunteer & I just let
it go.

Thanks,
Nana

Attached Thumbnails
Plant ID please....-img_3315-small-.jpg
Old 31-08-2011, 11:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Nana.Wilson" wrote ...

Any one know?? We think a gourd or melon. It was a volunteer & I just let
it go.

Well I'll agree it's a Cucurbit but which, goodness knows.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Nana.Wilson" wrote ...

Any one know?? We think a gourd or melon. It was a volunteer & I just
let it go.

Well I'll agree it's a Cucurbit but which, goodness knows.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Thanks so much Bob. It is growing, very happily, in a huge pot with some
petunias. I don't know where it came from, 'cause I didn't plant it on
purpose. But it is a lovely vine, I just had to see it to through!!

Nana......in east coast America . Little plant survived an earthquake & a
tropical storm last week!!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Nana.Wilson" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Nana.Wilson" wrote ...

Any one know?? We think a gourd or melon. It was a volunteer & I just
let it go.

Well I'll agree it's a Cucurbit but which, goodness knows.

Thanks so much Bob. It is growing, very happily, in a huge pot with some
petunias. I don't know where it came from, 'cause I didn't plant it on
purpose. But it is a lovely vine, I just had to see it to through!!

Nana......in east coast America . Little plant survived an earthquake & a
tropical storm last week!!

We have one growing on our allotment, self seeded from out of the compost I
expect. No idea what that one is either, could be a pump-nut or a butter-kin
or maybe a courgette* marrow cross or a cross of any two of four. :-) We too
are waiting and seeing, and depending what it's like inside will determine
what we do next.
*Zucchini. (funny how we use the French word for them and you use the
Italian)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.