Old 19-05-2012, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default voodoo lily

The first opened today. I wanted to make a fast-motion animation and put
it in front of a camera. The pic on the right is one of those shot
yesterday. But unfortunately the plant lost balance overnight and fell
from the pedestal. Nothing severe happend to it (images at the left were
taken today, after the little accident), but surprisingly it does not
smell. Well, there are 2 left and I'm curious whether this lack of smell
is a consequence on its toppling over or it had to do with the way I
overwintered the tubers.

the same pic, but bigger (1330x1330px [download size]) and avaiable for
4 weeks:
http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Attached Thumbnails
voodoo lily-sauromatum_venosum-d0.jpg
Old 19-05-2012, 11:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 19 May 2012 18:19:01 +0200, Willi wrote:

The first opened today. I wanted to make a fast-motion animation and put
it in front of a camera. The pic on the right is one of those shot
yesterday. But unfortunately the plant lost balance overnight and fell
from the pedestal. Nothing severe happend to it (images at the left were
taken today, after the little accident), but surprisingly it does not
smell. Well, there are 2 left and I'm curious whether this lack of smell
is a consequence on its toppling over or it had to do with the way I
overwintered the tubers.

the same pic, but bigger (1330x1330px [download size]) and avaiable for
4 weeks:
http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Wow, great photography of a most interesting plant. Thanks. I saved
the one from the web page. The smell is like what I think, not
pleasant?
Old 20-05-2012, 08:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote:
The first opened today. I wanted to make a fast-motion animation and
put it in front of a camera. The pic on the right is one of those shot
yesterday. But unfortunately the plant lost balance overnight and fell
from the pedestal. Nothing severe happend to it (images at the left
were taken today, after the little accident), but surprisingly it
does not smell. Well, there are 2 left and I'm curious whether this
lack of smell is a consequence on its toppling over or it had to do
with the way I overwintered the tubers.

the same pic, but bigger (1330x1330px [download size]) and avaiable
for 4 weeks:
http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

thanks goodness it wasn't damaged. Perhaps it is not one the evil smelling
varieties?

Old 20-05-2012, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 20.05.2012 09:26, schrieb Maroochy:
Willi wrote:
The first opened today. I wanted to make a fast-motion animation and
put it in front of a camera. The pic on the right is one of those shot
yesterday. But unfortunately the plant lost balance overnight and fell
from the pedestal. Nothing severe happend to it (images at the left
were taken today, after the little accident), but surprisingly it
does not smell. Well, there are 2 left and I'm curious whether this
lack of smell is a consequence on its toppling over or it had to do
with the way I overwintered the tubers.

the same pic, but bigger (1330x1330px [download size]) and avaiable
for 4 weeks:
http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

thanks goodness it wasn't damaged. Perhaps it is not one the evil smelling
varieties?

Today opened the 2nd. It smells and anything that looks like a fly is
gathering on it. Interestingly, the shock of the fall really seems to
have influenced the reduced smelling of the other. I planted that one
into the ground today.
Old 20-05-2012, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 20.05.2012 00:20, schrieb joevan:
On Sat, 19 May 2012 18:19:01 +0200, wrote:

The first opened today. I wanted to make a fast-motion animation and put
it in front of a camera. The pic on the right is one of those shot
yesterday. But unfortunately the plant lost balance overnight and fell
from the pedestal. Nothing severe happend to it (images at the left were
taken today, after the little accident), but surprisingly it does not
smell. Well, there are 2 left and I'm curious whether this lack of smell
is a consequence on its toppling over or it had to do with the way I
overwintered the tubers.

the same pic, but bigger (1330x1330px [download size]) and avaiable for
4 weeks:
http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Wow, great photography of a most interesting plant. Thanks. I saved
the one from the web page. The smell is like what I think, not
pleasant?

Haha, exactly. Nevertheless the plant is so interesting and beautiful
that I kindly accept its odours.

Old 20-05-2012, 04:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default [] voodoo lily [the other - sound and scentful, and with flies;) ]

Attached Thumbnails
voodoo lily-sauromatum_venosum-e0.jpg
Old 20-05-2012, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:33:20 +0200, Willi wrote:

[...]

I agree but not in the house or bedroom. : o)
Old 21-05-2012, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 20.05.2012 20:19, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:33:20 +0200, wrote:

[...]

Well, I know. I'm not living alone, therefore my darlings have to leave
the house as soon as they open their blossoms. - I enjoyed all pics
you posted lately. I get one Hippeastrum flowering this year. It is a
'Rilona'. The stem is only about 5" tall by now.
Old 21-05-2012, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 21 May 2012 14:53:16 +0200, Willi wrote:

[...]

They grow so fast. It will be open soon. I will post open pics of the
orchid cactus when they are ready. I wonder how many of the buds on
that plant will open. This will be my first full spring with it so I
am hoping for lots to make it to full monte.
Old 21-05-2012, 02:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Yes, that's the full sensory experience!
--
Sue ]