Old 25-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message RuYEe.2312$9y3.1813@trnddc06
from "Travis" contains these words:

Michelle wrote:
Hello. I am fairly new to the gardening scene and I am really
enjoying myself. However, I do not do well with bugs and other
creepy crawlers. I am noticing a lot of small frogs. Is there any
type of repellent I can use for hopping creatures?

A heron will take care of the frogs and chickens will take care of the
"bugs".

Travis, if she doesn't do well with tiny creatures, she's hardly
likely to welcome a heron which could peck her eyes out and does great
big poops which smell of decomposed frogs.

Janet
Old 25-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Travis

Michelle wrote:
Hello. I am fairly new to the gardening scene and I am really
enjoying myself. However, I do not do well with bugs and other
creepy crawlers. I am noticing a lot of small frogs. Is there
any type of repellent I can use for hopping creatures?

A heron will take care of the frogs and chickens will take care
of the "bugs".

Travis, if she doesn't do well with tiny creatures, she's hardly
likely to welcome a heron which could peck her eyes out and does
great
big poops which smell of decomposed frogs.

Janet

I just never think these things all the way through do I?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 25-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Ann

Janet Baraclough expounded:

The message
from Darren Garrison contains these words:

On 24 Jul 2005 20:16:31 -0700, "Alan Sung" wrote:

You actually want to keep frogs. They eat alot of bugs and are totally
harmless to vegetation.

I don't know of any repellents, only natural ones. Remove ponds and wet
areas and they'll move on. Snakes eat frogs but then you're adding
another creepy crawler.

No, the snakes aren't the first step. First, she'll need special
lizards. THEN, to wipe out the
lizards, she'll need to unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle
snakes. Then she'll need a
fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat. The beautiful
part is that when wintertime
rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

The bad news is, when they defrost in spring they smell terrible. You
can hardly sit out on the terrace drinking tea for the stink of rotting
gorilla-flesh and the horrible buzz of the flies feeding on it. That's
whan you remember that frogs eat flies, and wish you had some.

Excellent, Janet, you really do follow the thought through to the end!
;-

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 26-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Salty Thumb

"Michelle" wrote in

Hello. I am fairly new to the gardening scene and I am really
enjoying myself. However, I do not do well with bugs and other creepy
crawlers. I am noticing a lot of small frogs. Is there any type of
repellent I can use for hopping creatures?

Okay, enough with the funny gorilla stories, here's the real solution to
enjoying yourself:

You must catch one of the small frogs and successfully attempt to kiss
it. It is important for you to *not* enjoy the kiss and if possible, you
must make it your worst kiss ever. Otherwise the frog will enjoy it and
brag to all its friends about his easy hoochie score, and then you will
have more frogs than ever, and the new ones will all be horned toads and
horny frogs.

The kiss works better if you have halitosis but not if you have worm-
breath, which frogs enjoy, so lay off the tequila before your little
tryst. Forcing your stinky, worm-free kiss on an unsuspecting frog will
enable you to develop such a skanky reputation such that all the frogs
will learn to flee in horror at the sight of you.

Now if you are exceptionally unlucky, the frog will turn into a prince
and tell you "yo biaatch why you been messing with my *hometadpoles*" or
something to that effect, and drag you off caveman style to his castle,
where he is neighbors with King Shrek and consequently all manner of
creepy crawlies and your only consolation will be in perhaps making
friends with Queen Fiona and enjoying her company despite her legendary
flatulence.
Old 26-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Michelle

Thanks to all that replied. Some of your responses were light hearted while
others seemed more mean spirited but it is all good. Anyway, I will just
suck it up, I am not ready to give up gardening yet!!

--
Thank You.

Michelle

Old 26-07-2005, 04:21 AM
DrLith

Doug Kanter wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message

Hello. I am fairly new to the gardening scene and I am really enjoying
myself. However, I do not do well with bugs and other creepy crawlers.
am noticing a lot of small frogs. Is there any type of repellent I can

use

for hopping creatures?

--
Thank You.

Michelle

Frogs are harmless and under threat these days. I know that they are cold
and sticky and icky but you don't need to touch them. Leave them alone
and
they will leave you alone. Also they will assist by eating several sorts
of
bugs. If you can get past the bad press they have got in folklore frogs
can
be quite beautiful and interesting.

David

Some of them have beautiful eyes. And the best part is that they don't bark
all night like my neighbor's fuquing dog.

But some of them do peep, or croak, or something!
Old 26-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message z4gFe.1988$Eo3.1514@trnddc08
from "Michelle" contains these words:

Thanks to all that replied. Some of your responses were light hearted
while
others seemed more mean spirited but it is all good. Anyway, I will just
suck it up, I am not ready to give up gardening yet!!

For that good humoured grace, now you deserve a serious reply.

If you really, really mean that you have something approaching a
frog-phobia, or just that they make you feel very tense and panicky,
then the best solution is to address that problem in yourself. You can
follow a programme of desensitising yourself to the trigger combined
with learning coping-techniques, until the problem feelings fade away
and no longer bother you. This is very gradual, completely no-
threatening, and can be extremely effective. It's what I would do in
your circumstances. It's worth it to fully enjoy gardening, your garden
and all the magical life within it.

Your doctor should be able to supply a suitable reference.

Janet.
Old 26-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Doug Kanter

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
[...]

Doctor shmoctor. Find a nice picture of a toad online. Find the best deal in
your town for 8x10 prints, and take the digital file there. Plaster the
pictures all over the house. Don't forget to put one in a standing frame
that sits on the nightstand between you and the alarm clock. Making love in
the garden would also help, especially if it's a damp evening when toads are
hopping around. Maybe associate them with good things, you know? :-)

Old 26-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Mathew in the Mountains

Import several French Chefs, prefferably from Bordeaux. Very soon
you'll have delicious frog legs & no slimy creatures in your garden.

Seriously though, frogs are a sign of a healthy ecosystem... Why would
you want to mess that up?

Old 26-07-2005, 06:17 PM
G Henslee

Mathew in the Mountains wrote:
Import several French Chefs, prefferably from Bordeaux. Very soon
you'll have delicious frog legs & no slimy creatures in your garden.

No need for French Chefs.
http://www.cookinglouisiana.com/Cook...s%20-%20JG.htm

Old 08-08-2005, 06:02 AM
Lady Blacksword

Including breathing, Travis. Please stop for the next five minutes, and
think it over.....
Murri
Michelle wrote:
Hello. I am fairly new to the gardening scene and I am really
enjoying myself. However, I do not do well with bugs and other
creepy crawlers. I am noticing a lot of small frogs. Is there
any type of repellent I can use for hopping creatures?

A heron will take care of the frogs and chickens will take care
of the "bugs".

Travis, if she doesn't do well with tiny creatures, she's hardly
likely to welcome a heron which could peck her eyes out and does
great big poops which smell of decomposed frogs.

Janet

I just never think these things all the way through do I?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[IMG] code is On

frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 2 01-09-2004 07:06 PM
frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 0 31-08-2004 10:24 PM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM