Old 26-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Registered User

Default Can someone help a beginner in gardening?

i want to buy some new tools to maintain my garden, i want to get a new garden trimmer and i have no idea how to use it, the last time i brought one it broke and i had no idea why, there was this plastic thing on some parts and it fell off, since then the thing has not worked.

my garden is in desprate need of trimming and cutting and i am goign to buy new tools very soon, i can't afford to hire someone else to cut it so i have to do it myself.

i tried to look at the instruction but they didn't make sense so if anyone out there has had problem with garden trimmers i would appricaite your help.
Old 26-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Doug Kanter

--
jalaneme

Check your yellow pages and find a store that sells just mowers and other
powered garden tools. Buy your trimmer there, and they'll show you how to
deal with the stuff that's not clear in the instruction manual.

Old 26-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Vox Humana

"jalaneme" wrote in message

i want to buy some new tools to maintain my garden, i want to get a new
garden trimmer and i have no idea how to use it, the last time i brought
one it broke and i had no idea why, there was this plastic thing on some
parts and it fell off, since then the thing has not worked.

my garden is in desprate need of trimming and cutting and i am goign to
buy new tools very soon, i can't afford to hire someone else to cut it
so i have to do it myself.

i tried to look at the instruction but they didn't make sense so if
anyone out there has had problem with garden trimmers i would
appricaite your help.

What's a "garden trimmer?"

Old 26-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Salty Thumb

"Vox Humana" wrote in
:

"jalaneme" wrote in message

i want to buy some new tools to maintain my garden, i want to get a
new garden trimmer and i have no idea how to use it, the last time i
brought one it broke and i had no idea why, there was this plastic
thing on some parts and it fell off, since then the thing has not
worked.

my garden is in desprate need of trimming and cutting and i am goign
to buy new tools very soon, i can't afford to hire someone else to
cut it so i have to do it myself.

i tried to look at the instruction but they didn't make sense so if
anyone out there has had problem with garden trimmers i would
appricaite your help.

What's a "garden trimmer?"

It is slang for water buffalo. She/he must have gotten a gelded one.
("Plastic thing" - also slang)
Old 26-07-2005, 06:20 PM

I will assume your "garden trimmer" is a string trimmer.
For all but the most inexpensive ones the entire cutting head that
holds the string is replaceable for about 20$ US at a good repair and
sales shop.
Parts are also available for the lower end ones but you would have to
mail order them.

Old 28-07-2005, 03:51 AM
raycruzer

Several very useful, but relatively unkown, garden tools are identified
on the World of Weeds website www.ergonica.com. The selection includes
several tools that are not found in hardware stores and can only be
purchased directly from manufacturers on the web.

You will also find the largest list of weed removal tools, weed pullers
and weed twisters anywhere on the web.

_______
EWIRM: If you stand still long enough, weeds will grow between your
toes.

Old 29-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I will assume your "garden trimmer" is a string trimmer.
For all but the most inexpensive ones the entire cutting head that
holds the string is replaceable for about 20$ US at a good repair and
sales shop.
Parts are also available for the lower end ones but you would have to
mail order them.
i come from the UK and as reparing things is so expensive i might as well get a new one, in this case thats what i am doing.
Old 29-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered User

Quote:

What's a "garden trimmer?"[/i][/color]

It is slang for water buffalo. She/he must have gotten a gelded one.
("Plastic thing" - also slang)
when i meant garden trimmer i meant 'grass trimmer' i don't think we have buffalo in the UK lol
Old 03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Registered User

i finaly decided to get a hedge trimmer, the hedge looks nice a smart looking now.