Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Amadeus W. M.

Default electric lawn mower

I bought my first house 1/2 year ago, and now I have to mow the lawn.
The previous owner left me probably a 50 years old gas mower which just
died. I broke the start rope trying to crank the engine. Don't know if
that can be fixed.

At any rate, I'm considering buying an electric mower. I only have 0.22
acres of lawn, including the house on it, so electric should be ok. I can
deal with the cord, but I'm also considering buying a cordless mower.

My questions a

1) How much power (watts) does a cord mower consume? I imagine more than
a light bulb, but I don't want to pay hundreds on my already high electric
bill.

2) If I buy a cordless mower, what's the lifetime of the battery? Does it
last less over the years? I want to be able to finish the entire lawn
with a single recharge, even after, say, 5 years from now.

Thanks!