Old 04-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Jeremy

Default Ants crawling on my corn

Hi.

I am trying to grow corn in my garden for the first time. The corn seems to
be growing ok, but they are alot of small brown ants (I live in Manitoba,
Canada) crawling on the corn stalks and leaves. Is this normal? Will they
damage the corn? Are there any good organic pest control solutions?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Old 04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Jeremy said:

Hi.

I am trying to grow corn in my garden for the first time. The corn seems to
be growing ok, but they are alot of small brown ants (I live in Manitoba,
Canada) crawling on the corn stalks and leaves. Is this normal? Will they
damage the corn? Are there any good organic pest control solutions?

The only problem with ants on corn is that they sometimes farm aphids.
You might want to inspect the center of the plants off an on. (Once the
tassels emerge, the aphid threat is pretty much over.)

(attributed to Don Marti)