Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 AM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default weeds ??????

FamilyNet Newsgate

Here in Eastern Massachsuetts, after some heavy rains
in early June, we have had a mini dought with less
appreciatalbe rains than normal so that a new front lawn
is now more brown than green and bouder plants are only
thriveing because I give them daily waterings. (Maybe that
may be why tomato plantings in 5gal. tubs (wherein the
water stays more cantained) are doing better than those
from same seedlings packs planted around the house are
noticebly less developed 8-(

Yesterday I got out during the early cool morning and weeded
a boarder garden between our unused car driveway and our
neighbors that does get some car use. The weeds were so well
developed, I wonder why weeds seem to thrive so much more
than our more valued lawns and/or gardens?

Murphy's law maybe? or?

Stay young, OldAck.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ "Superstitions are little more than myth-beliefs.(Salada)

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org

Old 10-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Vox Humana

"THURSTON ACKERMAN" wrote in
message ...
FamilyNet Newsgate

Here in Eastern Massachsuetts, after some heavy rains
in early June, we have had a mini dought with less
appreciatalbe rains than normal so that a new front lawn
is now more brown than green and bouder plants are only
thriveing because I give them daily waterings. (Maybe that
may be why tomato plantings in 5gal. tubs (wherein the
water stays more cantained) are doing better than those
from same seedlings packs planted around the house are
noticebly less developed 8-(

Yesterday I got out during the early cool morning and weeded
a boarder garden between our unused car driveway and our
neighbors that does get some car use. The weeds were so well
developed, I wonder why weeds seem to thrive so much more
than our more valued lawns and/or gardens?

Murphy's law maybe? or?

The plants that are "weeds" are just very tough plants that survive without
any care.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:11 AM
dps

The definition of a weed is any plant that grows where you don't want
it. Anything can be a weed. Maple trees. Tomatoes. Carrots.

In theory, given enough inattention/neglect, tulips and gladiolus could
be considered weeds by someone.

On the other hand, some things generally considered weeds can have some
redeeming value. Solidago is useful in bouquets (goldenrod)(and it isn't
the allergen most people consider it to be).

Old 10-08-2005, 11:16 AM
dps

grex Here in Eastern Massachusetts, even some of my weeds are wilting.
I raise clouds of dust walking in some areas. I've had to spend so much
time moving water that the weeding has been neglected and some crops
have completely disappeared under 4' high stuff./grex

Old 10-08-2005, 10:15 PM
raycruzer

Generally speaking, a 'weedy' plant is one that tends to thrive and
spread with little help from humans.

That being said, plants wouldn't be a weeds if humans accepted them
where nature placed them.

_______
EWIRM: Stand still long enough and weeds will grow between your toes!
World of Weeds www.ergonica.com

[IMG] code is On

I need advice on this difficulty. Weeds weeds weeds. Miss Perspicacia Tick United Kingdom 12 18-07-2005 09:45 PM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? Jay Chan Gardening 56 18-07-2004 06:02 AM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? possibly OT Salty Thumb Gardening 0 22-06-2004 11:04 PM
weeds? Pam Gardening 16 25-03-2003 03:20 PM
Weeds...Weeds...Weeds J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 4 14-03-2003 11:09 PM