Old 10-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Fragile \Joseph\ Warrior

Default Rhodendrins with buds NOW?

I just bought some end-of-the-season rhodendrins (read: cheap) and I noticed
that some have buds on them. From past experience, I know that this
sometimes leads to them blooming after planting -- IN THE FALL. So, here's
my question: do I cut back the buds? Or do I just leave them be and hope
the buds overwinter until spring?

Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Lynn

That is how I bought mine last year. end of season with buds. I just planted
it in a shady area gave it lots of water and it bloomed nicely this spring
no problems. I am in a zone 5

--
Lynn

Old 11-08-2005, 02:18 AM

If you cut them off, your plant wont flower in the spring. This is
normal for rhodies- they bloom in spring, grow vegetativley, then set
buds for next year.

Toad

Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM
gconn77

That is fine... I would just leave them alone. I am pretty sure that
they will bloom in next spring. Post the question in my Garden and
Housplant Forum. The website is http://gconn77.com/smf/

[IMG] code is On

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Sage plant in buds May 1,2013 now all spent - DSC_5380ab.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 0 12-05-2013 10:16 PM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
Cut the buds off rose of sharon now in Zone 5? Karen Gardening 6 23-10-2003 11:02 PM