Old 11-08-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Walmarts Delahey 6-Piece Wood Patio Set...Any Good?

This is web only, anybody have it? Is it comfortable and reasonably
well made? Does it compare favorably with Targets Adagio stuff?

Heres the links
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...997&product_id...

and
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...3479-3363841?%...

The Walmart chairs look like they have a bracket under the arms does it

look OK? Also the tableis extendable, is the leaf self storing?

Old 11-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Travis

This is web only, anybody have it? Is it comfortable and reasonably
well made? Does it compare favorably with Targets Adagio stuff?

Heres the links
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...997&product_id...

and
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...3479-3363841?%...

The Walmart chairs look like they have a bracket under the arms
does it

look OK? Also the tableis extendable, is the leaf self storing?

I doubt you will find "well made" furniture at either Target or Walmart.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 11-08-2005, 08:04 PM
paghat

In article .com,
wrote:

Sorry:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...3A4044%3A91416

and

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...n=B00062F 62Y

If you can't visit the store personally & assess the "quality," the risk
that it is crap is too great to be worth e-ordering. If you can go sit in
the chairs & judge for yourself how sturdy they are or are not, do that.

I had never even been inside a walmart until a couple years ago, when
finally I was baited into their parking lot because of all the plants out
there getting baked & drying up, so not a good source of plants. The
couple of times I was hornswoggled into believing the price on something
was too good to pass up, it was broken & in the garbage in no time.

I particularly remember a garden electrical extension that was less than
half the price as I'd seen elsewhere. It did seem awfully light as though
it were made out of feathers, & it burned out in no time at all; I guess
i'm lucky it didn't electrocute me. Its replacement a bit pricier at Ace
Hardware had a heftier weight &amp has never been a problem. Also when I
needed an aquarium stand, I set about comparing prices. Walmart's cost WAY
less. But when I went & looked at it, it was practically made out of gum
wrappers it was so insubstantial, & not worth half the cheap price they
put on it.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 11-08-2005, 08:55 PM
G Henslee

paghat wrote:

sniped the rant

-paghat the ratgirl

You talk to fargin much.

But, that doesn't mean I don't like you.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:09 PM
SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is web only, anybody have it? Is it comfortable and reasonably
well made? Does it compare favorably with Targets Adagio stuff?

Heres the links
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...997&product_id...

and
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...3479-3363841?%...

The Walmart chairs look like they have a bracket under the arms does it

look OK? Also the tableis extendable, is the leaf self storing?

I have sat in the chairs. They are two small for me and uncomfortable. Seems
solid enough in looking at them. Price seems CHEAP for any real quality.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...

Sorry:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...3A4044%3A91416

and

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...n=B00062F 62Y

They look cheap to me. Take a look at the bench I made on my web page.
WalMart buys a lot better than I can, but I have $300 in material alone and
I've seen the same on sale for $1000 at Smith & Hawkins. . How good do you
think this many pieces of furniture can be at that price?

I'd pass on it.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Warren Weber

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is web only, anybody have it? Is it comfortable and reasonably
well made? Does it compare favorably with Targets Adagio stuff?

Heres the links
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...997&product_id...

and
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...3479-3363841?%...

The Walmart chairs look like they have a bracket under the arms does it

look OK? Also the tableis extendable, is the leaf self storing?

Editoral cartoon in news paper last week . Showed the Great Wall of China.
Caption was The Great WAL-Mart of China. Remember a few years ago when
WalMart ads said how they were helping the American small business companys
by selling their products? So much for that. And yes I buy some things from
WalMart. WW

Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Travis

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Sorry:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...3A4044%3A91416

and

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...n=B00062F 62Y

They look cheap to me. Take a look at the bench I made on my web
page. WalMart buys a lot better than I can, but I have $300 in
material alone and I've seen the same on sale for $1000 at Smith &
Hawkins. . How good do you think this many pieces of furniture
can be at that price?
I'd pass on it.

If you want people to look at your web page you need to provide a URL.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 12-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Travis" wrote in message
They look cheap to me. Take a look at the bench I made on my web
page. WalMart buys a lot better than I can, but I have $300 in
material alone and I've seen the same on sale for $1000 at Smith &
Hawkins. . How good do you think this many pieces of furniture
can be at that price?
I'd pass on it.

If you want people to look at your web page you need to provide a URL.

Ooops!

--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Old 12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Vox Humana

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
oups.com...

Sorry:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...3A4044%3A91416

and

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...n=B00062F 62Y

They look cheap to me. Take a look at the bench I made on my web page.
WalMart buys a lot better than I can, but I have $300 in material alone

and
I've seen the same on sale for $1000 at Smith & Hawkins. . How good do

you
think this many pieces of furniture can be at that price?

That's a beautiful bench! I call our local Smith and Hawkins store "Smith
and Wesson" because their prices are akin to armed robbery!

Old 12-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Vox Humana" wrote in message news_1Le.59977

That's a beautiful bench! I call our local Smith and Hawkins store "Smith
and Wesson" because their prices are akin to armed robbery!

You've got them pegged. I actually did buy something from them once but it
was overpriced for what I got. Last year I visited the store and just
took measurements to build a chaise lounge.