Old 13-09-2005, 04:23 PM
**Developer**

Default Do Grubs kill the lawn

Do grubs kill the lawn. I know they attract varmints like voles that do kill
parts of a lawn, but do grubs themselves eat the grass or roots?

Thanks

Old 13-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Vox Humana

" **Developer**" wrote in message
Do grubs kill the lawn. I know they attract varmints like voles that do

kill
parts of a lawn, but do grubs themselves eat the grass or roots?

They eat the roots. It is a matter of numbers. Lawns can sustain a
moderate infestation of grubs. There comes a point where damage becomes
significant and the lawn spirals downward.

Old 15-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Alan Sung

Even if they don't kill the grass plant directly, the grass becomes
more susceptible to drought damage or other lawn diseases (i.e. fungi).

-al sung
Hopkinton, MA
(Zone 6a)

Old 15-09-2005, 08:04 PM
**Developer**

If they eat the roots why wouldn't that kill the plant. Is it that they do
not eat the top most part of the roots because they are not at the surface.

So if I lift a plant and see roots one inch long, I might still suspect
grubs?

Thanks

"Alan Sung" wrote in message
ups.com...
Even if they don't kill the grass plant directly, the grass becomes
more susceptible to drought damage or other lawn diseases (i.e. fungi).

-al sung
Hopkinton, MA
(Zone 6a)

[IMG] code is On

Lawn Grubs digger Gardening 4 14-11-2004 04:59 AM
How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? (Dogs eat Grubs) Tom Servo Texas 0 27-03-2004 07:02 AM
How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? Tom Servo Texas 16 26-03-2004 09:03 PM
grubs, moles, and now dogs.. how to deal w/ lawn's circle of life Sundar Narasimhan Gardening 5 17-05-2003 12:56 AM
grubs, moles, and now dogs.. how to deal w/ lawn's circle of Sundar Narasimhan Gardening 0 16-05-2003 01:44 PM