Old 13-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Drip irrigation pressure puzzle

I have a couple of drip lines each about 15 feet in length. Some
emitters are installed directly in the main line and others are on
short lengths of 1/4 " tubing that then attaches to the main line.

I'm having trouble regulating the pressure. The small pressure
regulator I bought seems to have no effect and it's easy for me to get
fountains of water spurting even from 1/2 gallon per hour emitters. I
don't think that's what "drip" irrigation is supposed to do.

Most puzzling is that in one line I noticed that little water was
coming from an emitter about half way down the line, even though all
those beyond it were doing well. So I pulled the emitter out of the
tubing and the flow through the hole did not seem much different from
the flow through the emitters.

I'm looking for suggestions about how I might get this to work better.
Thanks for your attention.

Tom

Old 18-09-2005, 07:58 AM

One should never connect the drip line to the main line. The drip line
should be connected to a sub-main line and the water flow to this
sub-main line can be controlled by fixing a control ball valve. In
existing circumstances you may use pressure compensating emitters which
emit a calibrated amount of water irrespective of the water pressure in
the main water line or land having un-even contour. For more
information you may write to
Girish

[IMG] code is On

Roses Fertilizing and Drip Irrigation Jon Boehm Roses 8 21-03-2011 06:28 PM
irrigation system puzzle JD[_1_] Lawns 3 12-03-2008 11:19 PM
Source for Raindrip Drip-A-long drip hose? [email protected] Gardening 0 29-04-2007 05:59 PM
drip irrigation for lawns br Texas 1 15-04-2003 09:56 PM
AYTOK Drip Irrigation Equipments , Presents its Products... Tokmak Gardening 0 31-03-2003 01:44 PM